Obamacare Behind Rapid Rise In Health Insurance Rates

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2014 06:12 pm
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/04/14/survey-shows-obamacare-sending-premiums-rising-at-fastest-clip-in-decades/

Wasn't it supposed to make them go down??????????????????????

Looks like Obummer has lied to us again.

bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2014 06:32 pm
@JoeBruno,
Fox News. Is that all you got? Come back with a little evidence.
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2014 06:36 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

Fox News. Is that all you got? Come back with a little evidence.

FOX News is to news...what White Castle hamburgers are to haute cuisine.

But these guys love to reference FOX News...because...well, just because.

FOX News editor: http://www.smiley-lol.com/smiley/humour-blague/clown-jonglerie/vil2-joke.gif

glitterbag

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2014 06:36 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Bob, tell Bruno I have a bridge to sell in New York, it's a steal.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2014 06:52 pm
@JoeBruno,
My insurance went up. My deductible went way up. It kinda sucks.

But a lot of people who didn't have healthcare now have healthcare so I can't really cry about poor, pitiful me since we were essentially paying for the uninsured healthcare anyway. It might take a while but I believe that things will balance out eventually.

I don't want people to be sick and have nowhere to turn. That really sucks.
JPB

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2014 07:00 pm
Our premiums went down by almost $400/month for a family of four on a silver plan. Some costs went up ($25 copay instead of $20 for an OV, higher copays on some meds, deductible and oop max), but the fact that we can't be dropped or denied coverage on the basis of pre-existing conditions would have been worth it even if the premiums went up.

I can't begin to express in words the feeling of being told I wasn't worthy of being insured. It changes a person.
boomerang

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2014 07:06 pm
@JPB,
Several years ago we were told they wouldn't insure Mo.

We wanted to beat somebody up but instead we pointed out that adopted children cannot be denied coverage they allowed it.

I know that's why our insurance is so expensive and that REALLY sucks.

Ranting....

Sorry.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2014 07:11 pm
@boomerang,
You have a good attitude, Boomerang. I also hope it works out in the long run. It would be incredibly expensive and disruptive to repeal it now. While there might be some winners, it would be tough to explain to the losers.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2014 07:17 pm
@boomerang,
Well, I now have to use the free Medicare I paid for out of my pay check and retirement check all these years. Now all I have to pay is approx $345 quarterly for Medicare and the approx $430 per month for the Fed BC&BS that used to pay my entire insurance deal, now the $430 per month is for my medigap insurance. I have not looked into the ACA, because I'm fortunate enough to afford my insurance. But not every American can say that, regular health care can detect and treat illness before it becomes something that puts you in a nursing home or in the grave. The healthier the population, the better it is for the country.
JPB

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2014 07:24 pm
@glitterbag,
I wish I could say that I take full advantage of the fact that I have insurance, gb, but until half of our government body stops putting their every effort into overturning the ACA I won't put myself into the position of having something on my medical record that will allow insurance companies to deny me coverage again. I agree with your post otherwise.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2014 10:12 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Fox is to news what the WWE is to professional sports.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2014 10:13 pm
@boomerang,
Did you go on the exchange? Yes or no?
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2014 10:21 pm
@JPB,
You're wise to be careful. I don't know how this is all gonna shake out, but never underestimate the power of insurance companies looking to appear more profitable to their shareholders . I think if you own shares in a particular medical plan, you should sign up in that plan because you believe they are doing the best they can to keep their share holders and clients get the best care possible.
0 Replies