URGENT NEED ADVICE

Mon 14 Apr, 2014 08:11 am
I am a father of a 8 year old little girl. her mother who I married in 2005 took off and left with her new boyfriend in November of 2013. I stayed living in the home that belonged to her grandmother. My daughter had been staying next store at night due to my work schedule so I did not have to wake her so early. Once I started dating again and choose to move out of the home belonging to her family. she started to say she gave her grandmother custody of our daughter. I agreed to see my daughter every other weekend until the school year ended but was letting her stay with the grandmother to finish school since it is so close to ending. since then the grandmother is now set that I do not have rights and that until I sign paperwork I am not aloud to see my daughter. there is NO custody or guardianship papers between anyone and I want to know what I can do without getting into trouble. I do have the custody stuff here and plan on petitioning but will it look better for me if I bring my daughter here with me being her mother has no intention of taking her from the grandmother anytime soon and is not stable to have her
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 6 • Views: 730 • Replies: 4
Topic Closed

jespah

Mon 14 Apr, 2014 08:44 am
@banthony0214,
These are the kinds of questions you ask a family lawyer.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Mon 14 Apr, 2014 08:47 am
They're called lawyers. And you really, really do need one. I became a single custodial father in much better personal circumstances than you describe and I can tell you, YOU NEED TO TALK TO A LAWYER. You can at least talk to one for free and you will get at least gain a knowledge of where you stand under the law and where you need to get to.

Good luck. From experience I can tell you what ever it takes your relationship with your daughter is worth whatever you need to do within the law.
0 Replies

bankruptcycenter

Tue 13 May, 2014 02:31 am
Dear .. have patience and consult a legal expert. i wish you all teh best. God will help you.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Tue 13 May, 2014 02:55 am
Everything should revolve around WHAT YOUR DAUGHTER WANTS, not around what you or your wife or grandmother or anybody else wants..Smile
So tell us what does your daughter want, then we can take the discussion forward from there.
0 Replies