Why aren't my posts appearing on websites that use the Facebook social plugin?

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2014 02:33 am
Hi. This problem is driving me nutz.

I set my FB Privacy Settings this way:

Privacy Shortcuts - Who can see my future posts? >>> Public

When I open this webpage and add a comment via FB, my comment is published on the page and remains on the page...UNTIL...I sign out of FB.

http://www.weather.com/news/science/freaky-nature-color-choices-20140410

After I sign out of my FB account and open this page, the comment I published is not displayed on the page/board/thread. When I sign back into my FB account and open the page my comment re-appears.

Please, can a kind soul please tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks. Smile
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 721 • Replies: 3
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2014 06:56 am
@msmith1969,
I doubt that you are doing anything wrong. Comments are likely sorted by popularity, and then by datestamp. Try adding a comment to a significantly less popular page, and see what happens.
msmith1969

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2014 08:38 pm
@jespah,
Hi, jespah.

I understand what you are saying, however in the example above, I am the only FB member to reply to the weather-channel article about colors...and...after signing out of FB and clearing cookies from my browser, when I open the weather channel article my comments are not displayed on the thread.

Is there a plug-in that I have to add to my browsers in order for my posts (via FB) to be seen my others?

Thanks.
jespah

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2014 07:13 am
@msmith1969,
It's also possible that the page owner is restricting comments, or it could be a closed group. Again, try commenting elsewhere. And no, you don't need a plugin when posting a comment to a regular, open page.
0 Replies