Why did she hide her posts, photos, and everything from me?

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2014 09:17 pm
You say she was bullied as a child. It is my guess that she realized how lax her FB security was and chose to eliminate her vulnerability to students or bad memories and people of her past.

I've done the same thing with my FB security for similar reasons. Only those I choose to allow to access my page, photos, etc., may do so. My FB profile is not searchable.

I commend her for taking precautions.

Stop obsessing on her FB page. Considering you have other means of contact in the real world, your persistent obsession with her FB page is a futile, self indulgent fantasy.

You said she told you, when asked, that it was temporary and things would change in a few months. Your persistence is going to backfire on you if it continues. From her point of view, she may see your actions as a form of bullying and decide to keep the protective walls up.

The school year ends in a couple months. That may be what she referred to when she said things would go back to normal in a few months. There may not be any employment rules about student/teacher contact on FB, but maybe it is a rule of hers. Or, maybe she doesn't want other students to have access to her page and photos via you.

Have some patience and use the time just letting her know you are interested in a non Facebook friendship should she choose to allow it. Show her you respect her privacy, earn her trust.
ILoveWoodstar

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2014 09:52 pm
@Butrflynet,
Thanks so much for your valuable advice! Actually, I'm not that obsess with her account or something! I just wondering what went wrong! You're right! I should be patient! Maybe I have reminded her of her bad past or She has other reasons and I do respect it. I shouldn't bother her anymore!
0 Replies

ILoveWoodstar

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2014 10:01 pm
@fireface,
How unlucky you are! Your idea is also a good one! Maybe I should build a better relationship with her in there before moving on to the next step! Thanks!
fireface

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2014 10:33 pm
@ILoveWoodstar,
no no no... only use electronic communication (facebook, email, text) for setting up a date or a meet. PUNKEY is right... your relationship must start in-person.

meet her for coffee or tea. if it goes well, wait a few days to communicate further. take it slow man; you seem to be rushing and making many assumptions about her, her history...

(then again what do i know?)
ILoveWoodstar

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2014 10:36 pm
@fireface,
ahh...yes, I get your point. I will take it slow and be patient!
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2014 07:50 am
I have a feeling that this PROFESSIONAL INSTRUCTOR removed her FB account because FB is for students like this one who may want to have inappropriate contact with her.

If he is not mature enough to walk into her classroom, make casual talk, then ask her out for coffee, then he should step back. He is too inexperienced for this scene.
contrex

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2014 08:23 am
If this person was one of my students, I'd either change jobs or get him expelled. Or both.

0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2014 08:32 am
@ILoveWoodstar,
ILoveWoodstar wrote:
Actually, we chat in Facebook several time already and I just don't want to make it only in Facebook.

have you invited her to meet you for tea/coffee during one of these chats?
0 Replies

fireface

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2014 03:06 pm
@PUNKEY,
Is she an INSTRUCTOR?

He said 'exam monitor'... At my school that could be an 'invigilator,' often a hired student, or graduate level teacher assistant. Essentially a peer hired for a rudimentary school function.

So what is it?
0 Replies

ILoveWoodstar

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2014 07:50 pm
First of all I must admit that I was careless with my initial post. I didn't explain my point clear enough and makes many mistakes that confused everyone in here. The problem is that I cannot edit it!

Honestly speaking, I'm not worried or stressful at all about it. I feel pretty much normal. I can read and understand what she's trying to do and I know what I should do. My purpose of the post is just to share my experience and learn from people with different perspective.

I'm from South East Asia. I can see that ,actually, the differences between culture, mindsets, and values are the barriers which prevent us from understanding each other well enough. It's something interesting and I do like to learn from all of you.

Thanks so much for spending your valuable time reading and giving valuable advice for me!
glitterbag

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2014 08:15 pm
@ILoveWoodstar,
I joined Facebook when my nephews friended me. It seemed harmless, but as time wears on I am bombarded by friend requests, I've had messages from folks accepting my friend request when no friend request was sent. I've unfriended people, only to see them reemerge accepting my friend request. I find Facebook a pale imitation of real life, so I've set my account to be as private as possible.

I would discourage you from relying on Facebook for actual friendship. But I'm not a Facebook fan.

I don't think your 3rd grade buddy is annoyed you didn't recognize her during your exam. Most people are so stressed when they take exams the only thing they notice is their own heartbeat. Plus, she didn't indicate that she recognized you, I'm pretty sure you were not offended.

Another thing, if she was bullied, it might make any encounter with elementary school classmates painful. I'm not saying you bullied her, just that she doesn't have good memories of school.
0 Replies