Questions on pre employment drug screen

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2014 09:37 am
I am prescribed pain pills (oxycodone) for my back by my doctor. I am trying to get a new job that's is operating a forklift. I have a drug test in order to get the job. With legally being able to take my pain medicine when it shows up on my drug test that I take opiates will they tell the place that I am trying to get a job there that I take them pills. Or will they not and can not tell them since I am prescribe? I'm just wondering if that is private since it's legal for me. I just wouldn't want to not be hired because I take them.

jespah

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2014 09:53 am
@motion-23,
I would suggest telling the testing center that you take medication that might interfere with the test, and here is the name and number of your doctor in order to confirm that.

The doctor cannot, legally, say much, but he or she can confirm that you are taking something which might skew the test results.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2014 09:57 am
@motion-23,
If your prescription is legal then there shouldn't be a difficulty in providing the test center with your proper paperwork (prescription paperwork). You might also want to sign a waiver allowing your doctor to speak to anyone who happens to call from the test center regarding this issue (if the issue comes up about the legality of said prescription/opiates in your system).
Rockhead

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2014 09:58 am
@motion-23,
I don't think they will let you on a forklift if you are taking pain meds.

read the label...
motion-23

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2014 10:01 am
@tsarstepan,
Ya I'm not worried about not being able to prove it. I have my prescription number and docs name and number. I just am worried the test center will tell the place I'm trying to get a job at that I use pain pills and they will not want to hire me just because I take them. So I'm wondering if they can tell them that since I'm prescribed and it's not a illegal taking of that medication.
0 Replies

motion-23

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2014 10:03 am
@Rockhead,
Ya it says at first. But when I take it, it doesn't make me tired, drowsy or confused. I'm 100% while on it. I try not to take it to much during the day anyway mainly at night to help my back from keeping me from sleeping
Rockhead

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2014 10:05 am
@motion-23,
legally, if something happens on the forklift, you are considered impaired.

then they are wide open.

I don't see you getting any heavy equipment employment while you are taking pain meds...
Ragman

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2014 10:09 am
@Rockhead,
... and what about driving a car, for that matter?
0 Replies

motion-23

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2014 10:12 am
@Rockhead,
Guess I'll have to stop taking them. I need the job
Rockhead

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2014 10:14 am
@motion-23,
if you can get by that way, it is definitely for the best...

good luck.
0 Replies