Threat of bloody pogroms becomes more and more real...

Thu 10 Apr, 2014 06:35 am
As threat of bloody pogroms becomes more and more real in the east of Ukraine now, I think, the EU leaders should carry our Ukrainian partners back to best practices of such East European countries, as, for example, former Czechoslovakia. I mean its peaceful dissolution into two separate countries - the Czech Republic and Slovakia, which went into effect on 1 January, 1993.
Czech and Slovak politicians have managed to settle the political crisis absolutely bloodlessly as they've successfully negotiated the split through joint adopting the 1992 Declaration of Independence (europeanhistory.about.com/od/historybycountry/a/Velvetdivorce.html).
Obviously the variant of such smooth dissolution is much better for solving similar problems in Ukraine now than the variant of Yugoslavia's violent dissolution, eh?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,019 • Replies: 1
Topic Closed
No top replies

Lash

Fri 18 Apr, 2014 08:18 am
@Historian0,
http://www.sfgate.com/news/nation-world/article/Report-Pro-Russian-militants-order-Jews-in-5410515.php

So, I went to snopes to fact-check - I'd seen Joost's mention of the story on FB, and his subsequent warning that the story may have been manufactured for propaganda purposes. An explanation of that angle: http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-news/16906847-fact-checking-the-viral-jews-in-ukraine-being-forced-to-register-leaflet

I'd like something definitive. If anyone discovers if registering Jews is actually happening, please share your source. Thanks.
0 Replies