poorman

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2014 05:35 pm
what should I do? I lost my insurance through my employer of 18 years. I got A 1 DOLLAR an hour raise to compensate, now i have lost my sons disability SSI because i make to much per week ! help
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,394 • Replies: 7
No top replies

InsuranceLady

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2014 01:47 pm
@poorman,
Do you live in a Medicaid expansion state? If so and you qualify, apply for that. Your son may be eligible for CHIP (Children's health insurance program) for your state if you make too much for Medicaid. If you make more than 100% of the poverty limit (which is $15, 730 if it is you and your son on your tax return) you would also qualify for a tax subsidy to help pay for a health plan if you buy through the Marketplace.
poorman

Reply Tue 6 May, 2014 05:55 pm
@InsuranceLady,
I am gonna quit my job wait 6 months and get unemployment checks, free medicaid,my sons ssi check and possibly food stamps. I keep hearing this is the way to go.
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 6 May, 2014 06:03 pm
@poorman,
poorman wrote:

I am gonna quit my job wait 6 months and get unemployment checks, free medicaid,my sons ssi check and possibly food stamps. I keep hearing this is the way to go.

This isn't a legitimate path to travel down.

Quote:
I am gonna quit my job

You will likely not be able to qualify unemployment checks as you just quit your job. Most if not all states make that a disqualifying condition in qualifying for unemployment insurance.

Quote:
wait 6 months

Besides who can wait for six months without pay?!

How are you going to get back into the workforce after being out six months plus however long it takes for the paperwork to go through and you find out that after even an appeal you qualify for only the food stamps, the SSI, and the medicaid?

I find it difficult to believe that those following three sources of income would be enough to live on with a disabled child.

That's a long time to have a blank spot on your resume. Perspective employers are going to balk at that large chunk of time of no employment.
0 Replies

Trollpatrol

Reply Tue 6 May, 2014 08:40 pm
@poorman,
Quote:

Cliven Bundy's ranch is the place for you, partner. All you need is a cowboy hat, and they will welcome you like a true sovereign brother.
poorman

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2014 04:56 pm
@Trollpatrol,
Im thinking more along the lines of applying for free section 8 housing , why not? if the goverment will pay your rent , utilities,medicare,groceries ,cell phone, fishing license "yes you can apply for a fishing license" L.P gas, and free public transportation who wouldnt?
Butrflynet

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2014 06:03 pm
@poorman,
You are enlisting in the military?
poorman

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2014 01:50 pm
@Butrflynet,
yes
0 Replies