Should the elderly be able to have a strip show?

knaivete

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2014 07:26 am
@PUNKEY,
Quote:
My mother's nursing home had all kinds of entertainment: musicians, animal shows, even a belly dancer. She came at least once every 6 weeks.

Well spent?

Sings April Showers

0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2014 07:34 am
Question: Would they expect me to take my socks off?

Do they have underfloor heating?
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2014 01:09 pm
@Buttermilk,
Buttermilk wrote:

Your sarcasm is the reason why I disrespect you.

Damn, I won't be able to sleep tonight.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2014 01:33 pm
@glitterbag,
That's very funny!
glitterbag

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2014 02:17 pm
@maxdancona,
I aim to please.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2014 06:15 pm
I don't really know. I wouldn't be interested in a strip show, but these people are adults, if that's what they want, God bless. I won't go to a tractor pull, but lots of folks enjoy them. As long as participation is voluntary, who cares. They might be infirm but they should be able to pick their entertainment. In 1995, we paid $5,000 a month for my MIL last four or five months before she died. My next door neighbor has been paying over $9,000 per month for her dads care. When you are spending that much money, you want your loved ones to enjoy their remaining time. Even if Medicare is paying the tab, do you really want Dad sitting in a wheelchair in the hallway of the nursing home with nothing to do?

I might have a different view of things because my mother was diagnosed with Altzheimers at 58 and we watched her disappear by millimeters. My a dad lived in a VA hospital for 6 weeks after he had a stroke. If you have ever had to change your parents or in-laws diapers, you might be more relaxed about older seniors having a few minutes of enjoyment during their days. Hospitals suck, but you usually get out within a decent amount of time. Nursing homes are usually your last stop. Do you want your children picking what music they think is appropriate?? If I ever have to live in a nursing home, I hope they will be playing Tina Turner, Aretha Franklin or the Stones. Just not soothing elevator music.
0 Replies

Germlat

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2014 03:02 pm
@Joseph Dabon,
Joseph Dabon wrote:

I once had a lady doctor friend who was taking care of her very old mother. Innocently I asked her what she is feeding her Mom. She told me everything she wants. "But are you not supposed to control her diet?" I innocently asked. She calmly told me that she gives her mother whatever she likes, whatever that makes her happy. Shouldn't we all treat seniors that way?

Absolutely!! I wouldn't want anyone telling me what I can and cannot have. I doubt that'll change as I get older.
0 Replies

Buttermilk

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2014 04:11 pm
@glitterbag,
Still is a reason why you're a bitch
roger

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2014 04:31 pm
@Buttermilk,
Buttermilk, you are an obsessive son of a bitch. Has anyone told you that before.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2014 02:44 am
@Buttermilk,
You're a big meanie, sniff, sniff.

Feel better now?
0 Replies

vishal1

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2017 02:02 am
@Joseph Dabon,
Yes Definetly.
0 Replies

nacredambition

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2017 04:34 am
Sorry I'm late, traffic, get ready to shake your sticks in the air.

0 Replies