should I move schools?

Tue 8 Apr, 2014 05:06 pm
Should i ask to move schools?
So, in sixth grade I moved from Tallahassee, FL to a small town in Georgia. The transition was very tough and I easily became bored with the new surroundings. I suffered from severe depression and anxiety. I struggled with being accepted and judged by others due to my sexuality. I fell in love with someone and due to the closed minded-ness of this Bible Belt town... I was no longer able to be with that person and my life started to crumble. I hate the school here, and I hate the vibe that is given off by most of it's inhabitants. I do have a few good
friends, but the environment just does not benefit me. I have missed 34 days of school this year, and I am terrified I will not pass the 9th grade. I just do not feel the motivation that all other normal teenagers feel. What is wrong with me? My mom mentioned moving again, to St. Augustine, FL, near the beach. Would that be a better environment for me? Would it benefit me, or would I continue to fail and sink further behind my fellow classmates? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 2,265 • Replies: 6
Topic Closed
No top replies

Pearlylustre

Tue 8 Apr, 2014 05:22 pm
@alaina1215,
Quote:
I just do not feel the motivation that all other normal teenagers feel.

I'm 100% sure they don't all feel that. There is nothing wrong with you - you just haven't found your 'thing' yet (as my daughter would say). My advice as a mum - and an ex-teenager - is to find something that you love to do and throw yourself into it. It doesn't matter where you are. Along the way you'll meet like minded people - and you will definitely fall in love again. Dancing, art, theatre, sport, debating, volunteer work, music, yoga... Find what feels right for you. Good luck.
0 Replies

Lady Lingiton

Tue 8 Apr, 2014 06:55 pm
@alaina1215,
Reading, chatting here ...

Wow I just googled St. Augustine Florida, how good does that look.

Life's a beach. Swimming, watersports, para-gliding, studying, studying, studying, making lotsa money ...
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Tue 8 Apr, 2014 07:47 pm
It really does get better.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Wed 9 Apr, 2014 02:30 am
The two years I spent at one school when I was around 11 were the unhappiest of my life, it was a dark gloomy place with uncaring teachers.
My parents saw how depressed it made me and moved me to a new bright and breezy school and it was much better..Smile
0 Replies

momoends

Sat 26 Sep, 2015 10:04 pm
@alaina1215,
suffering discrimination, knowing you are considered "wrong" by your neighbors and your whole community is quite a solid reason to make you feel depressed. it´s true you should feel ok with yourself no matter what others think but it´s difficult to bear discrimination day after day, every single minute without any consequences at all. your family should put your mental and emotional well being on first place and move to another city where you would be fully accepted and given equal opportunities in life
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Sat 26 Sep, 2015 10:25 pm
@alaina1215,
Quote:
What is wrong with me

You dont believe in yourself, and no one can fix that but you.

What school district are you in? I want to talk about this assertion that you have missed 34 days this year and to do that I need to look at your school calendar.
0 Replies