I Can't Stop Grinning

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2014 04:17 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
I've recognized several positive qualities of his in this very forum: He is quite intelligent, although not the genius his fans think him to be; he can, when reading prepared remarks, be an eloquent and effective speaker; he seems to be a very good father, and he is quite loyal to his supporters (although he has thrown a couple under the bus).

I'm sorry, but that's about it. If that isn't good enough...so be it.

He's certainly not an evil man, and I couldn't care less where he was born. I don't believe he's a Muslim anymore than I believe he's a Christian. If being the former would serve him politically, he would kneel towards the East in prayer five times a day, but the notion that he is an Islamist Sleeper is as absurd as believing him the Anti-Christ. He's not a hand-wringing pacifist as, in typical egoist fashion, he considers himself "really good at killing people." (BTW, I approve of his killing of most, if not all, of the people he has selected for death).

So I don't know what Obama cliches you think I "stick SO CLOSELY to."

Clearly you are sticking SO CLOSELY to cliches about conservatives.

I know I'm not a racist and your thinking me one is more a reflection on you than me.

PS: I notice you've declined to respond to my comment about "learned prejudice."
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2014 04:41 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

A "learned prejudice"?

Interesting. So people who live in proximity to African-Americans get to defend their prejudice by the assertion that it is "learned" and claim that blacks have been their teachers?

How is this any different than what you've written?

If you want...I don't give a **** what you do or say.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2014 04:52 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
I can only take this as begrudged agreement.

It really is amusing how often an exchange with you ends up with you declaring something like:

"I don't give a **** what you do or say."
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2014 07:16 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I'm glad that statement gives you pleasure. It's heartfelt.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2014 07:20 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
If you want...I don't give a **** what you do or say.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2014 07:23 pm
aren't we both content?
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2014 07:26 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
I am...and **** you
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2014 07:28 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
enjoy your fantasy.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2014 09:17 pm
Get a room you 2.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2014 09:51 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
Candor moves me to admit
that he was not as bad as I expected.

David
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2014 10:31 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

Candor moves me to admit
that he was not as bad as I expected.

David
I assume that this happened only because Obama is generally ineffective at getting what he wants, because he is one arrogant SOP who happens to be also stupid, a nasty combination.
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2014 05:50 am
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

Get a room you 2.

I'm more discerning than that
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2014 05:51 am
@hawkeye10,
Obama is not my hero, but he's damn sure not stupid.
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2014 06:16 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
He is not my hero either, Bear. He is a man making a decent effort to do a job that is almost beyond doing...and in the face of some of the most sophomoric opposition ever.

He is not stupid by a long shot...and because of the silly miscalculations of today's Republicans...he will forever be remembered as the president who finally got affordable medical insurance going for the last industrialized nation on the planet without it.

His name will be remembered as part of it...Obamacare. Sorta like having Social Security be called Franklin Delano Rooseveltcare.
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2014 07:45 am
@Frank Apisa,
well put and right on target Frank. We're in complete agreement
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2014 09:56 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

He is not my hero either, Bear. He is a man making a decent effort to do a job that is almost beyond doing...and in the face of some of the most sophomoric opposition ever.

He is not stupid by a long shot...and because of the silly miscalculations of today's Republicans...he will forever be remembered as the president who finally got affordable medical insurance going for the last industrialized nation on the planet without it.

His name will be remembered as part of it...Obamacare. Sorta like having Social Security be called Franklin Delano Rooseveltcare.

I'm not sure anyone on earth has argued that Obama is stupid, so good job you two in taking down a straw-man.

As for Obamacare, it is ridiculous to assert that it is destined to be seen as a wonderful gift to America. The thing is in its infancy and all we can go by now is it's present effects.

Perhaps it will be the wonder you hope it to be, but there are plenty of current signs that it will not, and you seem to be ignoring them.

Obviously, you are among the 40% of Americans that believe Obama is telling us the truth when he promotes his programs with stats pulled from the ether.

Setanta

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2014 02:51 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
You, apparently, have serious problems with your reading comprehension skills--or maybe you're just lazy. Neither circumstance would surprise me. Just four or five posts above yours:

hawkeye10 wrote:
I assume that this happened only because Obama is generally ineffective at getting what he wants, because he is one arrogant SOP who happens to be also stupid, a nasty combination. (emphasis added)
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2014 03:20 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

I'm not sure anyone on earth has argued that Obama is stupid, so good job you two in taking down a straw-man.

Bad move on your part, Finn. Bear's comment and my agreement had to do with someone doing just that!

Wake up before you post.

http://able2know.org/topic/240400-3#post-5638417

Quote:
As for Obamacare, it is ridiculous to assert that it is destined to be seen as a wonderful gift to America. The thing is in its infancy and all we can go by now is it's present effects.

It is in its infancy...and my opinion is that it will be seen as a wonderful gift to America. If you want to consider that ridiculous...be my guest.

Quote:
Perhaps it will be the wonder you hope it to be, but there are plenty of current signs that it will not, and you seem to be ignoring them.

I do not ignore anything.

Quote:
Obviously, you are among the 40% of Americans that believe Obama is telling us the truth when he promotes his programs with stats pulled from the ether.

I am among the Americans that want us to have affordable medical insurance for all people...and who see this act as a move toward sanity. I suppose you are a part of the Americans who want to oppose anything President Obama suggests.
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2014 07:16 am
Finn is just doing his usual self promoting about himself. The grizzled, contrary Maverick, last of a dying breed of cowboys. That's how he sees himself, like the Marlboro man of A2K. Of course, the Marlboro Man died of lung cancer. Hardy har har.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2014 06:26 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

It is in its infancy...and my opinion is that it will be seen as a wonderful gift to America. If you want to consider that ridiculous...be my guest.

The only ones this is a gift to is the insurance companies.