Dirt Eaters Thread

roger

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2014 03:48 pm
@edgarblythe,
Oh, bentonite. It's also used as a facial mud. Often used in O&G drilling operations to help remove drill cuttings from the well bore.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2014 03:50 pm
@edgarblythe,
When I was a kid I used to love to eat dirt/soil (the stuff in the ground in your back yard) and mud. Not "white dirt"just the regular stuff I would dig up in the back yard. I still can feel the gritty taste in my mouth. Not sure why I ate it, but I did enjoy it.

Never had a craving though since I was at least a teen -- not even when pregnant.

0 Replies

Germlat

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2014 04:19 pm
@edgarblythe,
Makes sense to me
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2014 04:33 pm
Another really good post, Edgar.

I've heard that there was a rust caused wheat failure in the 20's - 30's. And this caused people in the south to rely on corn mush, grits and it caused to look for nutrients from non food sources.
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2014 04:39 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
The wonder is, I did not eat even more dirt than I did.
roger

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2014 04:48 pm
@edgarblythe,
My sister once fixed me mud pies. I ate them. Then I ate some cherries right off the tree. She didn't tell me till too late that I would have cherry trees growing in my stomach.

Paraphrasing Roberta, sometime later I began to realize that some people are smarter than others.
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2014 05:03 pm
@roger,
They used to tell me the same thing about watermelon seeds. I half believed it at first, but before long, I swallowed some seeds, to be contrary. In those days, the smaller watermelons were five for a dollar. You got three big ones for the same price.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Tue 31 May, 2022 12:06 pm
izzythepush

Reply Tue 31 May, 2022 12:17 pm
@glitterbag,
It's spam, some google search on eating dirt brought this up, they've probably posted the same thing on umpteen forums.
Linkat

Reply Tue 31 May, 2022 12:20 pm
@izzythepush,
well his name is clayclayclay -so maybe he does enjoy dining on this "white" dirt.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2022 04:53 pm
@edgarblythe,
If you enjoy Hershey bars, they have a certain amount off kaolin, 0r. Its ued in other chovky making to keeep thechocolate from mlting inheat, drilling muds nake a special mix of natural clays and other chemicals.
glitterbag

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2022 07:46 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

My sister once fixed me mud pies. I ate them. Then I ate some cherries right off the tree. She didn't tell me till too late that I would have cherry trees growing in my stomach.

Paraphrasing Roberta, sometime later I began to realize that some people are smarter than others.

I know this is an old response, but I laughed out loud.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2022 08:21 pm
@farmerman,
I once ate Hershey bars. I avoid as much candy as possible now.
0 Replies

jameshoben

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2022 12:48 am
Eating dirt can affect the body very badly.
0 Replies