Starting a business page

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2014 06:19 am
Hello
I have created a personal account and a business page. I want the business page to act independently from the personal page so that it may be searched under the company name, 'hemis' in my case. I have seen it done with a building company and I was impressed. Any pointers on how to get my page showing in a google search would be appreciated.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 422 • Replies: 1
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2014 07:44 am
@cve60069,
You're looking for search engine optimization (SEO). SEO is a somewhat specialized skill/talent, and people charge a pretty penny for this advice.

One thing I can tell you is to start reading. David Meerman Scott's The New Rules of Marketing and PR is one place to start, and also consider Groundswell by Charlene Li and Josh Bernoff. Both of these will start to get you thinking like a social media marketer - which you are if you're looking to get a Facebook page noticed.

Also, be patient. Google takes a while to look through everything. There are, what, a trillion webpages out there? Two trillion by now? As you can imagine, this stuff, even automated, takes time.
0 Replies