Severe Bronchitis and Inability to Catch Breathe

Thu 27 Mar, 2014 05:58 pm
Should I go to the hospital to breathe comfortably? My O2 is 98, and chest x-ray was clear. My physician has me using a home nebulizer, however I get winded just walking to the bathroom.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 838 • Replies: 3
Topic Closed
No top replies

Germlat

Thu 27 Mar, 2014 06:25 pm
@joyful777,
Go to your GP. You may benefit from a steroid pack to decrease bronchial inflammation. Are you coughing a lot? If you are, this may be exacerbating your condition. A cough suppressant could give your bronchial passages a chance to heal.
joyful777

Thu 27 Mar, 2014 06:36 pm
@Germlat,
I'm currently taking prednisone and hycodan for the inflammation and cough suppression. Still very winded.
Butrflynet

Thu 27 Mar, 2014 09:22 pm
@joyful777,
How long has it been since you were seen by your doctor?

If you feel you cant wait until office hours, go to an urgent care clinic or ER to get a breathing treatment and get checked that it hasn't developed into pneumonia.

If you can wait, call your doctor's office when open and speak to his/her nurse to tell them how you are feeling and ask to see the doctor immediately.

We aren't medical professionals, all we can do is urge you to seek medical attention as soon as possible. Either way, you might want to alert a friend or neighbor and ask them to check on your well being in the morning in case you need to get yourself to a doctor.
0 Replies