Waiting for a call....

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2014 02:44 pm
So this guy and I have been flirting back and forth for a while and he finally asked me out. We've since been on 4 dates. This past weekend he spent the night at my place. Here's the "catch" he had surgery Tuesday. So how long should I wait for him to call me and it be because of the surgery and not be being blown off??

roger

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2014 02:50 pm
@back2dating,
Call him! Maybe he needs special help, depending on what kind of surgery he went through and doesn't want to seem dependent. Ingrown toe nail, or abdominal surgery; you would know more than we. Anyhow, at least give him a call to check on his condition.
back2dating

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2014 03:21 pm
@roger,
I just don't want to be the crazy, needy girl (30) cause that's not really me, actually normally I don't really care. And his surgery was just an outpatient surgery, nothing major, he was supposed to be right back to work.
Ragman

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2014 04:16 pm
@back2dating,
A nothing repair...no big deal surgery? Now there's sympathy. A minor thing - like a vasectomy?
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2014 04:20 pm
Jeez, what's the problem with just giving him a call and asking how it went and how he's doing? It's callede kindness and consideration.
Ragman

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2014 04:48 pm
@MontereyJack,
Common sense approach. How old-school can you get?!
0 Replies

back2dating

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2014 05:45 pm
@MontereyJack,
The nothing major was actually his comment and not mine. I'm sorry I asked now.
Ragman

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2014 05:48 pm
@back2dating,
Be aware that in some cases some guys whose arm is dangling off will say it's minor surgery. Other's think that removal of a boil is major. It's hard to know what is going on. Don't take to heart our comments here. We're teasing 'ya.

These days, very few would wait to call just to check in on him.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2014 04:47 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

Jeez, what's the problem with just giving him a call and asking how it went and how he's doing? It's callede kindness and consideration.

Whether it was a boil on my ass or a triple bypass, if a friend or colleague, and especially a person I had just shagged, who knew about it called to find out how it went, I would appreciate it. It's about letting the person know you care (if you do, that is). If the question in her mind is primarily about the etiquette of the matter, and/or whether she is being "blown off" because his first thought wasn't to call her when he came to in the recovery room with his leg off or half his liver in a bucket, maybe she should save him a lot of trouble and just forget it. Because what I am getting from her is "me, me, me".

So this guy and I have been flirting back and forth for a while and he finally asked me out. We've since been on 4 dates. This past weekend he spent the night at my place. Here's the "catch" he had surgery Tuesday. So how long should I wait for him to call me and it be because of the surgery and not be being blown off??

jespah

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2014 08:22 am
@contrex,
You can also go into surgery, think it'll be minor, and then have complications or other issues.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2014 08:48 am
It could be gender reassignment surgery; he went in Arthur and came out Martha.
0 Replies