To Whom Is George Zimmerman a Hero? And Why?

farmerman

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2014 11:44 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Quote:
My knife is primarily to scare off zombies,
Hows that working out for you?
Ill go a notch up cause Zombies (and black bears)ALWAYs respect a 45 , I never even see any zombies (but I do see several black bears when Im in very deep wooded areas up North) .
Zombies must know that we Merkins are NUTS.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2014 01:15 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
"All rock sample sizes are inversely proportional to distance from the car"
An axiom from eons ago, I'm sure. Only chariots instead of cars.
neologist

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2014 01:19 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
I like to be comfortable when I camp. Fire is very little work and great benefit.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2014 01:20 pm
@neologist,
Besides, if you want to protect yourself from zombies, all you need is salt.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2014 01:39 pm
Neo...

...thought you might enjoy pictures of a device I carry in my golf bag at all times. Cannot tell you just how often I use this thing. Does me more service than the clubs!!!

(Saw that you sell them!)

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk17/frankapisa/100_2200_zpsf48281f3.jpg

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk17/frankapisa/100_2199_zpsa03fd9da.jpg

farmerman

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2014 01:44 pm
@Frank Apisa,
is that a butterfly blade?
Now that switchblades seem to be legal, I guess butterfly bades are also
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2014 01:48 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

is that a butterfly blade?
Now that switchblades seem to be legal, I guess butterfly bades are also

If you are talking about the one on the right, FM...it is actually a small saw.

I do not know what they call the entire piece of equipment...but between the pliers and the phillips head screwdriver...I use it very often.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2014 01:55 pm
From left to right:

Pen knife
Nail file/Nail scraper
Phillips head screw driver
Can opener

Small Flathead screwdriver
Saw
Church Key
Large flat head screw driver.
neologist

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2014 02:14 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Nice multi tool, Frank. I specialize in SOG brand parts. Less competition and I live only a few blocks from SOG warehouse. I take orders off eBay for any SOG product, of course.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2014 02:19 pm
@farmerman,
Oregon law is not so restrictive on switch blade, and butterfly knives. SOG makes a few they will only sell to Law Enforcement and military, or to Oregon sellers. They won't let me transport to sell in the Portland, OR shows. But I have no doubt there will be some available at the Tacoma show this weekend and no one will pay any mind. I just don't have the mind to jump that fence.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2014 03:57 pm
@farmerman,
Forget it. I only saw the first shot. Its a Gerber tool.
I use a Buck tool cause it folds nice.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2014 04:23 pm
Quote:
Romeo said: My knife is primarily to scare off zombies,
Farmerman asked: Hows that working out for you?
Neologist said: I like to be comfortable when I camp. Fire is very little work and great benefit.

I haven't seen a zombie, aliens or Bigfoot yet, I'm too hard to need a fire when camping and it'd attract them from miles around.

PS- my big knife is for hacking, slashing and jabbing at them if ever they ambush me in the open where there's plenty of room to swing it, but for close-in work such as if i get trapped in a lift with them, I shall use my smaller knife (below)-
http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/7831/mflv.jpg
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2014 04:39 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Unlike for you, it is improper for all others to attempt to correct errors in facts?
Whether he enjoys it or not is of no concern to me. I just like to see neater ends of our assertions.

Correct away.

How you arrived at the conclusion that I was suggesting that your replies to him were "improper," is beyond me.

If you have your own reason for playing his game, fair enough.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2014 04:43 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

I'm ashamed and horrified about what my ancestors did to the native tribes.

Yes...it was, indeed, pretty lousy.

Presumably, you have a similar disregard for the native tribes that did horrific things to other native tribes.

Or do you give them a pass because they were but "savages," while your ancestors where uplifted, civilized Europeans?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2014 04:46 pm
@wmwcjr,
Might doesn't make "right," but it does make reality.

At the same time, every person or group of people who find themselves on the short end of the might equation are not, necessarily, innocent of having previously deployed it to their advantage
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2014 04:48 pm
@edgarblythe,
Perhaps my being "ignored" by you explains it, but you have reiterated exactly what I posted to FM.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2014 04:48 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Its obvious hes a cellar dwelling twit who is just dicking around but still, when he posts , we ought to make sure his opinions are not as full of **** as they sound.

Why?
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2014 09:07 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
At the same time, every person or group of people who find themselves on the short end of the might equation are not, necessarily, innocent of having previously deployed it to their advantage

But when the retributive persecution (as in the case of the first-century Jews?) has lasted for centuries, one begins to think "ENOUGH ALREADY!" (Definitely not my best writing, but who cares? Mr. Green )

Here's a painfully obvious statement: Brutality seems to be a constant of human history.

Someone once asked Robert Bloch (who himself was a Jew, incidentally), the famous writer of horror fiction (creator of the Norman Bates character and so much more), what he thought was the greatest horror story of them all. He replied, "The history of mankind." Bloch was a funny guy! Cool

http://www.ociozero.com/images/autorrobertbloch.jpg

I've considered using this charming image for a new avatar.

Love that Robert Bloch! Cool
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2014 10:36 am
I don't know if this was anywhere else, but just tagged in Zimmerman..

anyway,

Florida judge dismisses George Zimmerman defamation suit against NBC

0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2014 10:51 am
Zim is 50 per cent hero and 50 per cent dummy.
The 'hero' bit is because he was a Neighbourhood Watchman who had the guts to keep watch on a black man who was moving suspiciously around the area after dark.
The 'dummy' bit is because he got too close and let the kid jump on him, leaving him no choice but to shoot in self defence.