This Washington Redskins Owner Is a Bright Fella

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2014 12:21 am
Quote:
ORLANDO – Washington Redskins owner Daniel Snyder, who has faced criticism over his refusal to change the name of his football team, announced Monday night that he will start a foundation to benefit Native Americans.
In a four-page letter posted on the Redskins Web site, Snyder said his decision to create the Washington Redskins Original Americans Foundation was the result of four months of research into what Native Americans thought of the Redskins nickname and logo, including visits by Snyder and his staff to 26 Indian reservations in 20 states.
“The more I heard, the more I’ve learned, and the more I saw, the more resolved I became about helping to address the challenges that plague the Native American community,” Snyder wrote. “In speaking face-to-face with Native American leaders and community members, it’s plain to see they need action, not words.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2014/03/24/daniel-snyder-starting-washington-redskins-original-americans-foundation/?hpid=z4

Not even close to a majority of Indians object to the Washington Redskins name, so going out to talk to a wide cross section of real Indians was a great way to cut through the political pressure group BULLSHIT. More and more the self proclaimed Indian spokesmen look to be about as in touch with what indians think and care about as union leaders are with the union rank and file.

WELL PLAYED Daniel Snyder!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,513 • Replies: 1
No top replies

hawkeye10

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2014 05:53 pm
Quote:
At least Snyder is consistent. The owner, and his team, could commit to helping Native American causes while also admitting that the franchise’s long-standing nickname—a name that Slate will not print—must be changed

http://www.slate.com/articles/sports/sports_nut/2014/03/dan_snyder_washington_nfl_team_the_owner_s_cynical_new_effort_to_squelch.html

One: "Redskins" is not a nickname, it is THE NAME

TWO: refusing to refer to others as they wish to be referred to is a cardinal sin in Liberalism, so where does Slate get off refusing to print the word "redskin" in reference to the DC NFL club?
0 Replies