I appealed unemployment for medical reasons

dawny

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2014 07:12 pm
i quit my job cause i was hurt on the job due to negligence and lack of employees then my boss wouldn't give me the time off i needed to heal from my back sprain. the doctors note said for me to only be seated and i am not allowed to lift over 10 lbs. I had to stand all day and constantly lift over ten lbs. because there was no one to fill in my position and without me there the animal hospital would not be able to function properly. before my injury the head doctor knew we were short staffed we needed the positions filled and we asked for help. then when i was injured i was forced to work like that then i was never allowed to leave work early to see the back doctor or my physical therapy the only doctors that were in network were not.close to my job and i had to work Monday thru Fridays. finally after 1 1/2 months of me constantly lifting and not letting my back help my knee started swelling.g at night and would hurt tremendously finally after the fifth day i went to the ER
That was a Saturday they said i neded to see a orthopediic doctor that

Monday put me in a leg braceand crutches i was forced to go into work that Monday because another employee called out.. that week i had had it with that place i wasn't allowed to go to the doctors because no one could fill my po
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 1,418 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2014 08:09 pm
Feed the story to the newspapers and that'll get everybody on your side and make your employers sweat..Smile
roger

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2014 08:16 pm
@dawny,
Are you in the US? If so, file for workers' compensation. You may need a lawyer.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2014 08:17 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Animal people who care more about animals than they do about people is not exactly unusual. I am appalled, but then again I am a dinosaur.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2014 08:32 pm
@dawny,
When you injured yourself on the job, did you report it to a supervisor or manager?

When you went to the doctor or ER for your injury did you tell them it was an on the job injury so they would complete a worker's compensation claim? Did you file the claim?

Did you have any unused sick leave or vacation time to use for recovery/healing time or doctor appts? If so, did you use it?

What happened when you said, "no, I can't lift that," did someone refuse to help you?
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2014 08:52 pm
@dawny,
Get an employment lawyer. Don't waste time at a random online forum which doesn't even know what country you reside in (given each country has its own employment laws and policies for disability insurance).
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2014 01:24 pm
Quote:
Dawny said: when i was injured i was forced to work like that

What do you mean by "forced"?
Did they threaten to fire you if you didn't carry on working?
If it ever comes to court it might just be your word against theirs.
For example my neice was bullied by her boss at work so she quit and took him to court, but she lost the case because she couldn't prove he bullied her.

I once got the 6-man reception staff at a tower block fired because I secretly recorded a conversation I had with them..Smile
So if I were you I'd try to get some kind of proof against your bosses that they threatened to fire you.
For example get them to admit it in a letter or a secretly-filmed video conversation with them.
0 Replies