I need help with my Gateway laptop, model EG70.

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2014 01:07 pm
I have a gateway laptop, model EG70. I turn it on and there is the usual loading screen. All of a sudden a blue screen that says, "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you." pops up. After a minute or two the screen just goes black. The laptop is still on though because you could hear the fan running. I don't know what to do. This happens every time I try to turn on the laptop. It's been doing this for about a week now. Please help! Smile
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 3,556 • Replies: 3
No top replies

jespah

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2014 01:19 pm
@evy luvs u,
That sounds a helluva lot like spyware. Can you start it in safe mode? Just start it and, while it's powering up, hold down the F8 key.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/start-computer-safe-mode#start-computer-safe-mode=windows-7

Then you (might) want to roll back to a restore point from over a week ago. BTW, that doesn't necessarily get rid of the spyware (it often does it), but it might make it possible for you to at least use the device, and run Norton or McAfee to see what they can find and get rid of.
0 Replies

Jennyke

Reply Wed 14 May, 2014 06:16 pm
The keys stop working on my laptop not all of them. Just some and I can't get on my laptop at all.. Do I replace the whole key broad better? Let me know..
jespah

Reply Thu 15 May, 2014 07:01 am
@Jennyke,
In particular, if it's a portion of the keyboard that isn't working (say, the lower left corner, where the z, x and c are, among other letters), it might be that something spilled and is sticking there.

Take it in for service, and they might be able to salvage the keyboard. But often they'll just suggest a replacement.
0 Replies