Blown up over the ocean? sunk to the bottom of the ocean? stollen or hijacked?

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2015 04:13 pm
Metal debris found on island not from MH370: officials
By Indonesia correspondent George Roberts, staff
Updated 33 minutes ago

Metallic debris found on Reunion Island
PHOTO: Officials have confirmed a piece of metal debris found over the weekend is not from flight MH370. (AFP: Richard Bouhet)
RELATED STORY: Part number confirms debris is from Boeing 777: Malaysian officialRELATED STORY: Debris believed to be from MH370 arrives in France for investigation
MAP: Malaysia
A piece of metal debris found on an island in the Indian Ocean over the weekend is not from missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370, officials have confirmed.

Investigators took the debris into evidence on the island of La Reunion, where a Boeing 777 wing part believed to belong to the plane washed up last week.

However, nothing indicated the piece of metal came from the airplane and it has reportedly been discounted as part of a ladder.

Malaysian transport minister Liow Tiong Lai said the formal identification process of the wing component, known as a flaperon, will happen on Wednesday.

Investigators from France, the United States, Malaysia, China and Boeing will inspect the debris.

Liow Tiong Lai said it had been confirmed as being from a Boeing 777 — the same model plane as MH370.

The minister has appealed for more safety authorities in the Indian Ocean to search for debris.

MH370 disappeared in March of last year after drastically veering off its intended route from Kuala Lumpur to the Chinese capital Beijing.

The plane is thought to have crashed in the Indian Ocean.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 5 Aug, 2015 12:01 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Debris looks like Boeing 777, could be MH370, says source
http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/29/africa/mh370-debris-investigation/

confirmation that it is a piece of MH370 just announced
ehBeth

Reply Wed 5 Aug, 2015 12:03 pm
@ehBeth,
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/mh370-debris-found-on-r%C3%A9union-island-belongs-to-missing-airliner-1.3180272

breaking news

Quote:
Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak confirmed on early on Thursday that a Boeing 777 wing segment discovered in the Indian Ocean island of Réunion is from the missing Flight MH370, the first real breakthrough in the search for the plane that disappeared 17 months ago.

"The international team of experts have conclusively confirmed that the aircraft debris found on Réunion Island is indeed from MH370," Najib said in a televised statement.

Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 disappeared in March last year enroute from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing with 239 passengers and crew on board.

More to come
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Wed 5 Aug, 2015 08:32 pm
I think they should move their primary search pattern to the northern part of the arc (where they have always believed it came down). It looks to me like the primary currents which lead to Reunion Island are more toward the northern end of the arc.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 5 Aug, 2015 08:38 pm
@rosborne979,
The problem is that too much time has passed to try to reverse engineer all these months of travel. They might get lucky and be able to use attached life forms to figure this out but I doubt it. We should take note that too this day commercial aircraft are not tracked in realtime. if the airlines wanted to they could do this for a few tens of dollars a month per craft. We should NEVER be looking for a plane, even for a few hours. The fact that we still do this shows how the system, how the elite, are failing us.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Thu 6 Aug, 2015 04:43 am
We have had several suspected/actual suicide pilots to date . If that is what happened, what is going to prevent it from happening again ?

If it is an electrical failure, have they analyzed what might have happened ?

It seems we are waiting for it to happen again .

My personal theory is maintenance sabotage/terrorism .
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 6 Aug, 2015 11:10 pm
@rosborne979,
http://www.wired.com/2015/08/where-to-find-mh370/

Quote:
All of which should temper hopes that finding one piece of wreckage—or even many more—will eventually lead to the crash site, and the all-important black boxes.

“We want to say this is great, this is a clue,” Keller says. “Unfortunately, there’s so much error in estimating where it came from because of the currents and the time period, that really it’s literally just gonna tell you it hit the ocean somewhere. Probably somewhere to the east.”

Well, at least we know the plane’s not hiding in Kazakhstan.
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 6 Aug, 2015 11:29 pm
@ehBeth,
Or landed on an island as someone here was saying......

Ghost plane caused by fire or decompression .....or a very elaborate murder by one of the crew seems to be all that is left.
HesDeltanCaptain

Reply Thu 20 Aug, 2015 06:23 am
@hawkeye10,
Crashed into the ocean and sank. Woulda found it if on land.

Look at google earth satellite imagery. Can tell if somoene's wearing a hat or not and that's civilian-quality imagery. Military satellites would have been tasked with finding 370 and if they didn't it's only because it isn't on land anywhere.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2015 09:38 pm
Quote:
, Australia (AP) — The deep sea hunt for a missing Malaysian airliner has shifted to a remote part of the Indian Ocean where a British pilot has calculated that the Boeing 777 made a controlled ditching last year with 239 people aboard, officials said Monday.

The patch of deep ocean southwest of Australia that Capt. Simon Hardy has determined is the most likely resting place of Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 will be searched through December, the Australian Transport Safety Bureau, which is coordinating the search on Malaysia's behalf, said in a statement.

But Australian authorities are not being guided by the experienced Boeing 777 pilot's analysis. Martin Dolan, the bureau's chief commissioner, said the search was moving farther south within a 120,000-square-kilometer (46,000-square-mile) priority area because the southern hemisphere spring had made the extreme conditions in the southern ocean calmer.

"We're aware that we're in the area that Capt. Hardy specifies, but we're in that area because it was next in our search sequence, and we've been moving progressively south because the weather is improving," Dolan said.

Hardy's theory of where Flight 370 went after it inexplicably flew far off course during a flight from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, to Beijing on March 8, 2014, has been widely published in recent months. He used mathematical analysis and a flight simulator to plot the course he believed the airliner took when it vanished in one of aviation's most baffling mysteries.

"I am fairly confident that the wreckage will be found within the next four to eight weeks," Hardy told The Australian newspaper.

Experts directing the search have discussed Hardy's theory with him. Hardy could not be immediately contacted for comment on Monday.

"There are many theories from members of the public and various independent experts and all are considered," the bureau said in its statement, which described Hardy's analysis as credible.

But searchers do not accept a key aspect of Hardy's conclusion: that whoever was flying the plane made a controlled landing at sea, which allowed it to sink largely intact.

The only confirmed wreckage of Flight 370 to be recovered was a wing flap found on a remote Indian Ocean island in Jul

http://news.yahoo.com/mh370-hunt-moves-where-british-pilot-believes-crashed-081633270.html

At this point the only logical conclusion is that the pilot or copilot did this on purpose. I was convinced from the beginning that the rapid rise to 43,000 feet was on purpose to kill the passengers.
oralloy

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2015 10:26 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
But searchers do not accept a key aspect of Hardy's conclusion: that whoever was flying the plane made a controlled landing at sea, which allowed it to sink largely intact.

I concur with Hardy, although I've not done calculations as to a likely area.

The likely area, in my view, will be the farthest south that the plane could have possibly traveled.

hawkeye10 wrote:
At this point the only logical conclusion is that the pilot or copilot did this on purpose.

Yes. It was almost certainly a test run of a tactic to see if it would work out in a larger attack simultaneously directed at multiple American planes.
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2015 10:32 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
The likely area, in my view, will be the farthest south that the plane could have possibly traveled.

Not if we know that they wanted to **** with us, and we do.
oralloy

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2015 11:12 pm
@hawkeye10,
The closer to Antarctica that they got the plane, the harder it will be to find it.

Keep in mind that they did not realize we'd get those satellite pings that told us the plane's trajectory. They would not have known that we would be searching along that arc when they were thinking of ways to confuse us.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2015 09:57 pm
@hawkeye10,
Contrary to popular opinion, when these large planes run out of fuel they will stall, adopt a nose down position and regain speed and thus lift. With power out, the RAT (ram air turbine) will deploy with limited hydraulics and electrics. The aircraft could (possibly) land itself.
georgeob1

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2015 01:42 pm
@Ionus,
It is more likely to yaw or roll in one of these stalls and, as a result, end up in a flat or steep spin as did the ill-fated Air France flight in the South Atlantic several years ago. Nearly all aircraft have spiral mode instability and a catasstrophic spin is far more likely than a landing in the usual sense.
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2015 02:16 pm
The questions that now need to be asked:
Why is this thread still active?
Do people still believe RushPoint's schizophrenic conspiracy that the Malaysian plane will be used in a terrorist attack?
Why hasn't this thread been sunk to the bottom of the a2k server yet?
georgeob1

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2015 06:55 pm
@tsarstepan,
What then prompted you to open the thread to comment on it?
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Thu 17 Dec, 2015 07:56 am
@georgeob1,
I am not familiar enough with the flight computer to say what it is capable of under RAT and what control of the aircraft it would maintain. I do know it has a rear CofG to reduce drag and other features that would have to be factored in. I put it out there to discuss it as a possibility. What you describe is in general terms correct about older aircraft.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Thu 17 Dec, 2015 07:58 am
@tsarstepan,
Quote:
Why is this thread still active?
Because you posted in it.

Quote:
Do people still believe RushPoint's schizophrenic conspiracy that the Malaysian plane will be used in a terrorist attack?
I didnt think anyone of note thought that in the first place.

Quote:
Why hasn't this thread been sunk to the bottom of the a2k server yet?
Because there is an aircraft in the way.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 8 Mar, 2024 10:42 am
On the 10th anniversary of this tragedy?
A decade later, parents of Chinese passengers on MH370 still ask about their children

What were the Vegas odds that Rushpoint was an antivaxxer and didn't make it through the pandemic? At least (at face value), he wasn't a stooge for Vladimir Putin.
0 Replies