Am I Crazy ? Or Is This Normal

aryelle

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2014 12:34 am
When I Was 11 I Made Up This ' Character ' In My Mind Her Name Is Jazmyne. And At First I Would Just Dream About Her and Draw Little Doodles Of Her. But Now That I Am 12 I Think Its Becoming I Problem. I Dont Just THINK About Her I Act Like I Am Her . I Haven't Told Any One This Because Im Afraid Of What People Will Think. But Things Have Gotten Really Carried Away. It's Gotten To The Point Where I Would Sleep All Day And Live Out HER Life Instead Of Mine. Is It Normal To Pretend You're Some One Else. Btw Im 12. So Is This Normal For My Age ? Or Is Something Seriously Wrong. I Dont Want This To Go Too Far. I Cant Live My Life Being Some One Else ALL THE TIME. Please Help Smile
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,232 • Replies: 2
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2014 09:06 am
@aryelle,
Write this stuff down. You're a fiction writer. You just need to transcribe your thoughts.

PS Your English teacher will probably like this.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2014 10:09 am
When you register at a site that requires you to be 13 in order to register, it's probably not a good idea to let everyone know that you are not yet 13 years of age.

Jespah has given you some good advice. There was a fantasy writer named Marion Zimmer Bradley. Although she was best known for her novel The Mists of Avalon, her most prolific work was dozens of novels and short stories set on the fantasy world of Darkover. She wrote a short story about Darkover when she was 15, and she eventually turned that into a novel. She wrote novels and stories about Darkover, and published them, from 1958 to 1999 (the year she died). Forty years of successful fantasy fiction, based on stories she started to write when she was a teenager. She wrote many other successful books, too.

Keep at it, you could really go somewhere.
0 Replies