A2k Fantasy Baseball - 2014 Version

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2014 06:05 pm
@Ticomaya,
Ticomaya wrote:
Wichita State looking strong early on. Hopefully they have a big lead in 45 minutes.

They do. Up by 22 with 5 minutes in the half.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2014 06:17 pm
Meantime I was done as I was ever going to be with my fbb list and commenced making a double batch of granola. This is not usual for me - I've rarely eaten it, ever, and have never made it. So it goes.

While waiting through some steps of that, I decided to transplant the Hesperaloe parviflora I've been nursing through the winter at my kitchen window (that's false yucca) to individual containers, with hopes one seedling makes it.

So, time to check into the draft. Then I remember - I didn't know what was going on during the last football draft until later - someone told me that it was working, I was drafting, though.

Here's hoping.

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2014 07:26 pm
@ossobuco,
You drafted. Stole a few players I wanted, too.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2014 07:32 pm
@Ticomaya,
Thanks! I'll see if I can get in now.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2014 07:40 pm
@Ticomaya,
Bunch of people I like in that batch. A few off in the hinterland. I managed not to copy My Players, hope I still have the list on the site, for tinkering. I think I remember that they save it, at least for a while.

Now to check other managers' lists..
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2014 08:29 pm
@ossobuco,
Long flight delays for them at in Reagan in DC which made their arrival in Tampa at 8 pm instead of much earlier, so they probably are just going to their hotel and crashed in the room (thankfully not in the sky). Tomorrow gtg maybe.

I seem to have gotten my picks in FWIW. I don't the starters I had hoped for due to my farting around trying to load up on my infield and OF. I lost my top 2 highly desirous starters who I had a fair chance 'cause for some oddity of luck I picked 1st. What a lucky break.

I can't assess the merit of the team i picked. I think I'm weak where I don't want to be but I paid more attention to the teams that my picks played for are better teams than last season. I'm just not as strong on my starters like I was.

I'm happy that I got Dustin Pedroia..and Andrew McCutcheon. They've both made things interesting all season and their teams are generally in top 25% of contendahs.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2014 05:01 am
I did absolutely nothing and got a rather good team. I should sleep during the draft more often.
Ticomaya

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2014 06:24 am
@jespah,
You do have a good team, jes. Maybe I should try this sleep through the draft strategy.
jespah

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2014 08:13 am
@Ticomaya,
C'mon over, and we'll sleep together next time.

Wait, that didn't come out right.
0 Replies

George

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2014 09:59 am
A Puppies Team with nary a Red Sox player.
Gotta be a first.
jespah

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2014 10:35 am
@George,
It's ... weird.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2014 12:50 pm
Perhaps I forgot to take my anti-stupidity pill...but...
I can see my roster, but I can't seem to change my lineup for today, tomorrow or any other day. I recall that, in the past, I could see who was scheduled to play.
What am I missing?
ossobuco

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2014 01:09 pm
@realjohnboy,
I just did that and was stymied for a bit too, but then remembered. It's the new deal - you click on the guy to move (the blue tag in front of the name), and wait. How to describe what happens? Well, you'll see the possibilities of where to send him, then click on the one you want. Easy once you figure it the hell out.

Dummy here got all confused about how to answer Sarasota's smack talk. I gave up and waited for my patience to return, and then clicked on matchup (again) and that time saw the wee window to respond, to the right and below the words Smack Talk. I swear it wasn't there the first time. She says.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2014 02:11 pm
@realjohnboy,
I could touch my roster to bench players and move them around, either, but I assume it has to do with the different start in the land of Oz. or perhaps it's sumpin' technical?

{Edit: ooops...Osso replied. let me try to see if what she wrote about making roster changes works.}
ossobuco

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2014 02:17 pm
@Ragman,
Adds - I picked white for the screen, hating the black screen. So, with my screen, the square with the player position before the player name is blue. Might be white with a black screen.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2014 02:24 pm
@ossobuco,
UH OH. I can't seem to move Matt Kemp to the disabled list, nor get him out of the way to put someone else into utility.

We do have DL places, no?
ossobuco

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2014 02:27 pm
@ossobuco,
I figured it out. I can't push the button - admittedly not blue - since he already played today. Oy vey.

Well, there's always tomorrow.

Edit - nope, he played on the 20th. But, the people who have played in these preseason games recently don't get to be changed yet. So, maybe not tomorrow, but on the 31st????? Weird.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2014 09:16 pm
The "Swap Mode" is new, I think. You click on the player you want to move around, then click again where you want to go. Last year you could drag & drop. If you try to drag & drop in Swap Mode, you will be stymied.

What the heck is up with only being able to pick up 6 players in a week?
ossobuco

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2014 09:26 pm
@Ticomaya,
I didn't see that. Everybody now is on waiver, right? but I vaguely remember that was a rule we had changed last year. Good grief!! Let's change it again!!
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2014 03:54 am
Damn Aussies!
I was under the impression that the MLB season started this weekend. I guess it did in Oz but we evidently don't start week #1 of our Fantasy thing for another half a fortnight.