Mother's maiden name

OmSigDAVID

Fri 7 Mar, 2014 07:54 am
@InfraBlue,
Butrflynet wrote:
Just because they ask a security question doesn't mean you have to answer with the actual and correct detail. So, yes, it is still a good question.

A long time ago, I made up a fake ID profile for answering internet security questions and always use it for internet transactions. Nobody can hack my accounts with info they've gleaned from my internet activity. They have to stumble upon the randomly created nonsensical answers I made up.

InfraBlue wrote:
The problem here is that some people might forget the bogus name that they've provided to the question, just like they might with a password that they've created off the top of their head.
Keep a file of PASSWORDS
and security-related information
for each website.

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Fri 7 Mar, 2014 07:57 am
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:
My mother's maiden name was )*52@th9WeP so I feel fairly safe.
She must have been freaked out
b4 she got married.

David
jespah

Fri 7 Mar, 2014 08:08 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Then she hyphenated it. Now it's )*52@th9WeP-ghgttej233dsv/♪
chai2

Fri 7 Mar, 2014 08:40 am
@jespah,
Those Polish names are so hard to pronounce.
0 Replies

Linkat

Fri 7 Mar, 2014 09:20 am
@boomerang,
Well you can always make up one --- one of the security questions I got was my grandmother's first name --- as out of habit I used mother's maiden name so I used my mom's maiden name. It works -- just as long as you remember. Funny thing is my kids called my grandmother by her last name I think in part because saying great-grandmom V was a mouthful. So it was right by default.
0 Replies

Setanta

Fri 7 Mar, 2014 11:11 am
You can get a woman's maiden name from the birth certificate of the person you're trying to hack. Many years ago, i wanted a copy of my birth certificate, so i called the Health Department in New York. They told me "no dice," i had to show up in person with ID. I waited until afternoon, called back, asked them to send me copy of my birth certificate, and gave them a credit card number. It was not my credit card, it didn't have my name on it. I had my birth certificate by mail, two days later. This information is not hard to get. First car or favorite book are much better security questions. The girl set up an e-mail account for me as a courtesy once, and when i couldn't remember the pass word, it asked me, for the security question, what my favorite book is. I thought "On no, she didn't." Sure enough, i typed in "the bible," and there it was!
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Fri 7 Mar, 2014 05:03 pm
If you are an enigma like I am, where no one really knows who you are or where you came from....it's a good question.

Even the CIA turned me down for being too secretive.
chai2

Fri 7 Mar, 2014 05:37 pm
@Bella Dea,
Bella Dea wrote:

If you are an enigma like I am,

An enigma, isn't that what you give to someone when they have a stopped up bottom?
0 Replies

JTT

Fri 7 Mar, 2014 08:55 pm
@chai2,
Chai: My mother's maiden name was )*52@th9WeP so I feel fairly safe.

Is that Russian?
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/18/2024 at 01:08:34