Congratulations, House Republicans!

parados

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2014 11:39 am
@Baldimo,
The Texas website clearly states conceal carry is available to non residents of Texas. There is nothing specifying they must be US citizens.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2014 11:40 am
@Baldimo,
Telling people you are going to commit voter fraud is hardly testing the system.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2014 11:41 am
@cicerone imposter,
I never mentioned fraud. I was talking about student ID's not being an official ID in the eyes of the state because they didn't issue them. When it comes to voter fraud I don't care who is guilty, I support voter ID laws to stop it no matter who commits it. Official state ID's would help stop this. Link the voter DB to the polling sites. Once someone has voted they get checked in the system and no more votes for that person will count. Cuts down on multiple votes by one person and or others voting for others, as in the WI case.

The question is this... What have the Dems done to cut down on voter fraud? What laws have they passed or wanted to pass to secure our elections?
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2014 11:48 am
@Baldimo,
You're a liar. Your response to revellete had to do with voter fraud; re, Acorn.

Quote:
@revelette2,
I'm happy to know there is at least someone testing the system in my state, the Dem majority won't do it.

If you're not talking about voter fraud, what are you talking about? The dems don't need to do it, because most, if not all, voter fraud are perpetrated by republicans. The republicans are also the party that makes every effort to disenfranchise voters with their cockamaymee voter ID legislations when voter fraud is minimal.
Baldimo

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2014 12:05 pm
@cicerone imposter,
You jump on a single post of one sentence out of about 6 posts with a lot more info? My comment was in response to another persons claim of fraud. Wow CI desperate.

You are a liar and a fraud. You can't even tell the difference between a state issued ID and a non-state issued ID. You make stupid claims that the NRA has a voter ID card and that school ID's are official and issued by the state.

Just so you know voter fraud takes place on both sides of the isle, sorry you only want to mention GOP fraud. Voter ID and other voter ID laws would prevent EVERYONE from commuting fraud. Why you are against this I don't understand. If the GOP are as guilty as you think they are, you should support tougher voter laws and not weaker ones. Why allow the GOP to cheat?

I'll ask this one again. What voter laws have the Dems tried to pass in the last few years?
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2014 12:17 pm
@Baldimo,
Not desperate at all! Your response followed revellete's post that had to do with voter fraud.

That you still don't understand my inclusion of Zimmerman's name to vote in Texas went way over your head.

You ask with much ignorance,
Quote:
I'll ask this one again. What voter laws have the Dems tried to pass in the last few years?

Why should they pass voter fraud laws when voter fraud isn't a problem?
Voter fraud is rare. Voter ID laws passed by the GOP disenfranchise legitimate voters.
Estimated to be 600,000 in Texas alone.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/11/upshot/vote-fraud-is-rare-but-myth-is-widespread.html?abt=0002&abg=1
revelette2

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2014 12:19 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:
I'm happy to know there is at least someone testing the system in my state, the Dem majority won't do it.

Probably because it is a made up problem designed to disenfranchise voters. Didn't work out so well for ya'll last time, voters stood in line for hours.

If he had half the brains he thinks he does, he would have sent someone less known.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2014 12:31 pm
@cicerone imposter,
It was a single post and not the focus of what I was talking about. That is why I say desperate. You have nothing to say about the posts that were directed at you because you indeed have nothing to add. The NRA does not issue cards and your NRA card is not a valid form of ID for voting. College or University issued ID's are not state issued ID's as you stated.

That was the point and you have since dodged to fraud. I only said I'm happy someone is checking the system. At this point no one has as far as I can tell. I follow CO politic's pretty closely since I live here.

I understood what you were saying about Zimmerman, I just thought it was stupid.

That 600,000 # that you are using turns into about .02% of the Texas population.

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2014 12:40 pm
@Baldimo,
Refute it all you want. When you post after another post that's related, we assume you're talking about the subject that was discussed by the previous post.

Logic 101.

ooops. I don't think you understand logic. Mr. Green
Baldimo

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2014 12:44 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Or it's just you switching the focus because you have nothing else to add. You assumed because you thought it was a point you could make and as I mentioned turned it into the focus. Now back to Texas and Voter ID.

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2014 12:46 pm
My last post to baldi.
Quote:
Quote:
One Eyed Mind

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2014 12:49 pm
@Baldimo,
Good job, Baldimo.

You're doing the Universe a big favor by dealing with these type of people - you know, those who lie and swindle to get their time in the spotlight based on false pretenses to keep their composure? It's always great to watch these liars shake in their imaginary tracks once and for all.
coldjoint

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2014 01:55 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
My last post to baldi.

That is one lucky guy!
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2014 02:20 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:
That 600,000 # that you are using turns into about .02% of the Texas population.

.02% of the Texas population (26,448,193 - 2013 est.) would be 5,290.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2014 02:25 pm
@joefromchicago,
joefromchicago wrote:

Baldimo wrote:

.02% of the Texas population (26,448,193 - 2013 est.) would be 5,290.

Good catch, Joe. Decimal points can be dangerous.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2014 02:34 pm
@joefromchicago,
It's not about percentages when 600,000 voters are disenfranchised for no good reason.
parados

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2014 02:38 pm
@cicerone imposter,
It is very much about percentages when you are the group that is disenfranchising opposition voters that make up 2% of the votes.
Baldimo

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2014 02:38 pm
@joefromchicago,
My bad didn't move the decimal point. 2% of the population. Still not a large #.
parados

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2014 02:41 pm
@Baldimo,
2% is a huge number when it comes to elections. A 2% shift in current polling would mean the Dems will hold the Senate this election.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2014 02:45 pm
@cicerone imposter,
They are only disenfranchised if they refuse to get a state issued ID. Voter ID has been an issue for about 10 years now. None of those 600,000 have had time or money in lets say 5 years to obtain an ID? It sounds like they are only hurting themselves at this point. Take half a day and go get an ID. The state offers it for free.

This article was written over a year ago.

http://www.texastribune.org/2013/06/25/dps-begin-offering-free-voter-id-cards-week/

These sites tell someone what information would be required to get a drivers/state ID.

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/DriverLicense/LawfulStatusDLID.htm

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/DriverLicense/identificationrequirements.htm