7

How to speed up my English reading ?

Lamche

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2014 12:49 am
I know that the vocabulary of me is not rich .I'm working on it.But sometimes there are no new words in the article´╝îI still can't make sense of these sentences.I have some troubles in getting hold of an article quickly and accurately.

Lordyaswas

1  
Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2014 06:12 am
@Lamche,
Practise makes perfect.

Suggestion. Try watching TV programmes in your native language that have English subtitles. You can usually get this function on a DVD.
Also with a DVD, you can re-wind time and time again, until you understand.

McTag

1  
Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2014 08:46 am
@Lordyaswas,

He probably means practice, but he's right.

I have the same problem reading music notation quickly.

JTT

1  
Reply Thu 6 Mar, 2014 08:29 pm
@Lordyaswas,
Lordy: Suggestion. Try watching TV programmes in your native language that have English subtitles. You can usually get this function on a DVD.

Bad suggestion, Lordy. You want to break the connection to the mother tongue not reinforce it.

selectmytutor

1  
Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2016 06:11 am
@Lamche,
Practice it. Read more books and it will help you to improve your reading skill.

dupre

1  
Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2016 03:29 am
@Lamche,
Learn some simple songs in English. Music with lyrics in English will help you more than anything. This, to me, is the easiest way to learn a foreign language and to quickly be able to recall vocabulary, verb forms, and sentence structure.

1  
Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2016 03:52 am
OP seems long gone, but I can empathize. More than once, I've understood each individual word and been unable to make sense of an entire paragraph. This even happens on a2k. Shocked
dupre

1  
Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2016 03:54 am
@roger,
Hi, Roger. I didn't notice the original post's date. Thanks for the heads-up and reply.

2  
Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2016 04:01 am
@dupre,
Ta heck with the date. Language students from all over the world are following these posts - maybe.
dupre

1  
Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2016 04:02 am
@roger,
That's the spirit!

genlish

1  
Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2016 04:06 am
You should practice it. Read novels, books, newspapers in English regularly. It will definitely help you.