Can't access account. DoB security question

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2014 01:48 pm
hi.
Locked out of my a/c. changed password but now FB is asking for my DoB as a security question.
I am entering it correctly but I told that it is wrong.I guess I got it wrong when signing up. Tried for ages and as many versions as I can but get nowhere. Ideally I want to get back in but can't do so. I have opened another a/c but that's no help. I could do with the new one but want to remove the old one from groups etc. Any ideas?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 630 • Replies: 8
No top replies

roger

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2014 02:48 pm
@mattsccm,
I almost bet you're entering the correct information in the wrong format. Do they want 3/5/14, 03-05-14, 03/05 2014, or what. The most common is 03/05/2014, by the way, though I've no idea what FB uses.
mattsccm

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2014 03:20 pm
@roger,
Nope. Only get 1 option. Tried it dozens of times plus others have. Wouldn't be surprised if I didn't give correct one as I don't like giving personal details or I may have rushed.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2014 06:58 pm
@mattsccm,
Contact Facebook by clicking the Help link on any Facebook page, then look for a contact us link.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2014 07:53 pm
The Brits and Americans write dates differently.
For example in Britain we write July 12th 1965 as 12/07/2014,
but Americans put the month first and write 07/12/2014

Also 2014 might be abbreviated to 14
or some numbers might require no 'zero' in front of them, meaning July could be written as 7 or 07.
Keep trying the permutations..Smile

PS- If you entered the date wrong when you first registered, try again but type in numbers either side of the correct ones in case your finger slipped to one side when you registered.
mattsccm

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2014 12:28 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Tried literally dozens, maybe hundreds of versions either side of the real one plus other obvious ones like the top set of numbers in the drop down menu. It's not that. I suspect I gave a random number.
the drop down give no option for varying entries. Eg April is April. Can't put a 22 there.
Been trying the FB help pages for months. The forum doesn't produce anything. Its very inactive. No help or support emails exist except one that gets me an automated response that wants me to enter my DoB before I go further.
I was wondering if this forum had some one who knows how to contact FB or how to delete an account. Maybe via a friend?
PUNKEY

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2014 10:08 am
Did you put all four digits on the year? Sometimes things get kicked back if I don't put all 4 digits in that particular date.
mattsccm

Reply Thu 6 Mar, 2014 02:11 pm
@PUNKEY,
Sorry
As I have said . I am not entering numbers . Its a set of drop down boxes with words for months and 4 digit years. Its click what you want. that is NOT being entered incorrectly this time.
I have obviously not done it correctly at time of registration. I have the possibility of perhaps 50 years plus multiplied by 12 months multiplied by 31 days worth of possible entries to work through.
this is why I need contact details .
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 6 Mar, 2014 02:15 pm
@mattsccm,
Quote:
Been trying the FB help pages for months
in that amount of time you could have gone through every possible date permutation.

keep trying, because you will prolly never reach a human @ FB who will assist you...
0 Replies