What are the motif's in Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone?

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2014 07:57 am
Can someone please help explain these motifs in the movie Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's stone?

- A Quester
- A Place to go
- A stated reason to go there
- Challanges and Trials
- The Real Reason to go- Always self knowledge

Thank you!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 658 • Replies: 5
No top replies

kiuku

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2014 01:12 pm
@priscilaleal,
Is it literature already? Why are people studying Harry Potter? Eye roll; not even the book either the movie. I don't know I never read it, but, it seems like it's about What Life is About, to some people; obviously, Socratic wisdom.

Someone's 'life' should have all these things in it; according to some people in order to be considered a life.

Obviously you should write about how each of these things apply to Socratic philosophy: knowledge of oneself.

That seems to be what Harry Potter is about--his journey toward self knowledge and oblivion in it. Obviously it is written by Aristocrats for a widowed mother. Eye roll. Now we have to study it. Please study it.

His journey toward self knowledge and defeat in it.

How about Stephen King's Misery, can we study that?

"A Place to Go" lol.

I am greatly amused with your list, which seems to be a list for life's will. You have to have a real reason to go at all of it. At once a reason and then a real reason. How does Harry Potter have a reason and was his life well scripted?
Problem A: These are the basic elements of a story, though. The basic elements of a story are what we perceive to be the ideal life, unlike the common, so it's sort of like, what story telling is. Greaterly I know Harry Potter is Socratic because I did see one or two of their movies, that was the main, that was the whole thing, more so than other stories.
kiuku

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2014 01:28 pm
@kiuku,
it has to be more so than other stories, because those are the common aspects of stories. More so than other stories, Harry Potter is amused with himself, with the mirror and getting confused to oblivion. More so than other stories Harry Potter is ridiculously obsessed with himself, and so is everyone else.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2014 02:38 pm
@kiuku,
kiuku wrote:

I don't know I never read it, but, it seems like it's about What Life is About, to some people; obviously, Socratic wisdom.

Is it hard to analyze something you say you've never read?
kiuku

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2014 02:49 pm
@roger,
well, I'm analyzing the list, which is giving me clues; so yea you can, you can b.s. an essay just straight from the list without having read the book;

you shouldn't be able to, but I had seen the movie, I don't remember which one, but I saw two of them actually, and there I can remark upon it. But I can't remark upon the book. However I'm really positive that the greater point or theme between the movies I saw was socratic theory. I know it's oblivion-there was a mirror part that alluded to that, oblivion or self confusion to the point of annihilation at the very end, like in a wand war. I'm not just making that up. I feel like I saw Aristocratic themes, an aristocratic idea: knowledge, and Aristocratic themes I know them well, without reading the book.

The question is about the movie not the book, too.

Tell me if I'm wrong. I saw the movie.

Wizards remove a deprived bastard child from his house and take him on a journey, where he is an important person; an abused child escapes into a different world full of fantastic things. However unlike other books with that theme, these things deprive him of a sense of person-hood rather than fulfill his ego.
kiuku

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2014 03:29 pm
@kiuku,
"- A Quester
- A Place to go
- A stated reason to go there
- Challanges and Trials
- The Real Reason to go- Always self knowledge"

The list seems to be the constituents of a 'life', what Harry gets when he is transported to a new world full of fantastic things, like Alice in Wonderland. All of a sudden Harry has control over things, Harry has a sense of privilege, Harry has friends, and more important per this essay Harry has the above things which again seem to constitute a 'real life.' A real life should have these things in it.

Harry loses his ego from the first day, though, by missing his birthday.

The problem I found was that a story also has these things in it, generally speaking, however the reason stories have these things is because it is an ideal life.

So she could write about how stories constitute ideals of life, and these are the constituents of stories and the constituents of life too; and the point appears to be that Harry is an abused boy transported to an excellent world where he has things without credentials though, losing his "ego" is a big part of the story.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » What are the motif's in Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 10:33:37