I'm 25 and jealous of my 2 y/o baby cousin. Normal?

Angel23

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2014 01:22 pm
I'll just cut to the chase. He is my cousin's kid. I'm really jealous bc he gets to see Santa and the Easter bunny. He even went trick or treating last year. I been wanting to do all these but hadn't been allowed to since middle of high school. Then I turned 18 and was allowed to make my own decisions. Of course, it decided to see Santa and the Easter bunny the first chance I got. However, when I got in line at the mall, they asked me both times if I had a child with me. And I was wanting to take a picture with Santa myself! It's with my own money.

I also wanted to go trick or treating. However, I couldn't get any of my friends to go with me, so I never got to go. Also, he gets to color with crayons. I bought one myself and got bitched at by my family. Why? I color better than him and stay within the lines. Anyway, plz help. Is it normal?

contrex

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2014 01:30 pm
I think that the person who tagged this thread "Mental Health" has a point. Are you "special" in some way? If so, we can understand, but you need to stay away from computers if you can't use them responsibly, otherwise if you are serious, you need to see a mental health professional. If you are not, then please quit wasting everybody's time.
Angel23

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2014 01:31 pm
@contrex,
I tagged it mental health. It's driving me crazy that he has the nice things I don't have.
contrex

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2014 01:32 pm
@Angel23,
Angel23 wrote:

I tagged it mental health. It's driving me crazy that he has the nice things I don't have.

You are clearly a grade-A dick.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2014 01:43 pm
@Angel23,
It is the same theme as your other issues at work, Angel.

Behaving inappropriately in the wrong place at the wrong time.

If you want a photo with a Santa, find another way other than barging into an event that is supposed to be for children.

If you want to dress up and go trick or treating, throw a party or go to one of the many organized costume contest events for adults, not barge in on trick or treating intended for children.

If you want to color with crayons, do so and don't worry what others think about it. Do it without competing with the children for family approval.
Angel23

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2014 01:58 pm
@Butrflynet,
Agreed. Gosh I wish I could be young again.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2014 02:10 pm
@Angel23,
Angel23 wrote:

Then I turned 18 and was allowed to make my own decisions. Of course, it decided to see Santa and the Easter bunny the first chance I got.

That wasn't exactly the first thing I decided to do when I turned 18.

You do know Santa and the EB aren't real, right?

If you want to act like a 2 year old, that means you have to poop and pee on yourself, and can't clean yourself up.

No, that's not normal. You know it's not.
Angel23

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2014 04:05 pm
@chai2,
I may have child interests, but only ones that r fun. Peeing and shitting ur self isn't one of them. I also have adult interests, like partying with alcohol, playing beer pong, etc. I also used to like the idea of tp and egg houses until my high school friends grew out of it. I personally never did them and prolly I've will.

Ppl look at me weird for my child interest despite me also having adult interests as well.
Linkat

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2014 04:12 pm
@Angel23,
Actually I'm surprised that a Santa would ask that -- there has been many Santas that enjoy young women to sit on their laps. I would have thought it would be refreshing for him.

We had a local Santa that got into trouble for being too friendly with his young assistant elf. He would have welcomed you for sure. Rather than the runny nosed sticky fingers whining little treasures he normally gets.

Either that or get a dog and go on take a picture with your pet and santa day.
Angel23

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2014 04:28 pm
@Linkat,
Yeah. I got a cat and I could take him to see Santa. Brilliant!
Linkat

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2014 05:04 pm
@Angel23,
I remember being in college and wanted to see one of the disney cartoon movies that had come out in the movies. My roommate and I went and we were the only "adults" without small children. People did give us a weird look -- but so what we wanted to see it too.

As an even older adult late 20s. The Monkees did a concert tour. Growing up my friend and I loved them so we went. It was full of young preteens with their moms. We, of course, being of age bought some beers - as we were walking to our seats some moms asked us if we were old enough to drink. I should have told them to shut the f up as it was none of their business but I didn't want to in front of the little ones. So we just said yeah we are of age.

So yeah I've done kiddie stuff as an adult. I'm not jealous of the little ones though - I just go ahead and do it.
chai2

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2014 05:34 pm
@Angel23,
Angel23 wrote:

I may have child interests, but only ones that r fun. Peeing and shitting ur self isn't one of them. I also have adult interests, like partying with alcohol, playing beer pong, etc.

So you're selective in being jealous of your 2 year old cousin, is that it?

BTW, partying with alcohol and playing beer pong are hardly adult interests.

0 Replies

Angel23

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2014 01:54 am
@Linkat,
The monkees? Their music are back in the old times lol. Those preteens are old folks now. Btw, I do get ur point. Just thought I need to point that out.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2014 02:16 am
@Angel23,
Quote:
I been wanting to do all these but hadn't been allowed to since middle of high school.

What is it that makes you want to do these things. I assume that you did them as a child and want to re-live? I would hope you did them as a child.

Cuddle your cousin and tell him (even though he won't remember or understand) Smile How awesome it is .. Surely that would make you smile that you gave that to a little one?

Linkat

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2014 06:37 am
@Angel23,
nahh - there was a little come back where it appealed to preteens again maybe 15 or so years ago. I think they have replayed some of their shows.

Yeah I am an old folk now hit the half century point. Those preteens are probably about in their late 20s now.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2014 06:38 am
@FOUND SOUL,
FOUND SOUL wrote:

Quote:
I been wanting to do all these but hadn't been allowed to since middle of high school.

What is it that makes you want to do these things. I assume that you did them as a child and want to re-live? I would hope you did them as a child.

Cuddle your cousin and tell him (even though he won't remember or understand) Smile How awesome it is .. Surely that would make you smile that you gave that to a little one?

That gave me a great thought -- you could do some of those things with your cousin. You could color with her, go to santa with her and dress up and take her trick or treating.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2014 08:43 am
@Angel23,
Angel - I hope that you will see that you are not jealous of a 2 year old, you are yearning for some of those fun activities you had as a child.

There's nothing wrong with wanting to do the things you mentioned. You just have to figure out how to do them in an adult way. Yes, getting your cat's picture taken with Santa is a good way to transfer yourself into the activity.

0 Replies

LP9

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2014 03:43 pm
I would imagine theres some pretty serious trolling going on here.....there is no way this is a genuine post.
0 Replies