Pyramid found underwater in region of Portuguese Azores

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2014 05:25 am
http://www.collective-evolution.com/2014/01/10/underwater-pyramid-found-near-portugal-has-portuguese-navy-investigating-link-to-atlantis/

http://cdn3.collective-evolution.com/assets/uploads/2014/01/atlantis_pyramid-300x167.jpg

Most of the places in which humans lived prior to the flood at the time of Noah are now beneath the waves. A few such structures are large enough that, occasionally, we find one of them.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 8 • Views: 5,695 • Replies: 38

farmerman

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2014 06:01 am
@gungasnake,
Quote:
Most of the places in which humans lived prior to the flood at the time of Noah are now beneath the waves.

So can you give atheory how this happened and where these places are?

Still hanging on to that flood thing eh?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2014 06:04 am
First, i'll just point out the hilarity i experienced when i saw that Gunga Dim was using aa a source, a web site called Collective Evolution. Oh, the irony . . .

In reading the linked article, i found some whoppers. Here's one which tickled my funny bone:

Quote:
To further support the idea that this pyramid could have been built by different civilizations, archeologists [sic]from the Portuguese Association of Archaeological Research have recently discovered evidence on Pico island that suggests their belief that humans existed in the Azores region before the arrival of the Portuguese thousands of years ago.

Thousands of years ago? The earliest records in Europe of a knowledge of the islands date to the 14th century. Settlement by the Portuguese did not take place until the 15th century. The official version in Portugal is that the islands were discovered by Cabral in 1431. That hardly constitutes "thousands of year ago." At the least, that's sloppy writing (does the author mean that the Portuguese arrived thousands of years ago, or that humans lived there thousands of years before the Portuguese arrived? Certainly, there was no one living there when Cabral arrived.)--at the worst, it's crapola made up from whole cloth.

Here's another gem:

Quote:
An interesting place to have a pyramid given the energetic qualities often associated with pyramids.

Them damned pyramids are just latent powerhouses!

Finally, there's this:

Quote:
He believes that there may be a discovery of 2 more pyramids in the area as images suggest there could be a design link to that of the pyramids built in Egypt.

He? He who? More sloppy writing. Why would a putative link to the pyramids built in Egypt suggest that two more pyramids will be found? This is hilarious stuff. Especially the claim in the title of the article to the effect that this "discovery" has the Portuguese navy exploring links to Atlantis.

0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2014 06:07 am
@gungasnake,
That photo looks like a clip from a movie, or a simple photoshop effort.
Setanta

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2014 06:08 am
A web search for "pyramid found near the Azores" yields some equally entertaining results. There are articles at sites such a "The Mind Unleashed," "Strange Sounds" (?) and "Surfer Today" (!). Most of the results i found were leaning on the link to Atlantis angle.
rosborne979

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2014 06:10 am
@Setanta,
I'm sure those are in gunga's list of web favorites (his "library") Wink
Setanta

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2014 06:15 am
A report at the site "The Epoch Times." It was one of only two results when i did a google search and clicked on the rubric "News" (one of the two was the Surfer Today article). Apparently, it hasn't really made much news. I like this one:

Quote:
The “subaquatic pyramidal structure” was first announced in English by the Portuguese American Journal in September 2013.

It reported that the structure was sighted by a private yacht owner at a depth of 40 meters, and that it was estimated to be about 60 meters high. Its base was measured at 8,000 square meters, which would be bigger than a football field.

Wait . . . if it was found at a depth of 40 meters, and it's 60 meters high, wouldn't it be sticking up 20 meters (60 feet) above the surface of the water? Is this more sloppy writing, or just garden variety stupidity? Even if the author meant that the top of the 60 meter pyramid was 40 meters below the surface, how has it gone so long undiscovered? I'm crackin' up here!
Setanta

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2014 06:15 am
@rosborne979,
Do some searches for this, i find the story absotively side-splitting.
rosborne979

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2014 06:17 am
@Setanta,
Thank god for the entertainment Gunga donates to A2K. Smile
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2014 06:21 am
@rosborne979,
cmon, sometimes he posts stuff that is actually interesting food for speculation.
Is this site man made? or is it a lie down laccolith composed of columnar basalt where the columns are more horizontal?

I find his sticking to the Biblical Flood story very interesting. Hes never been able to defend it by any convincing evidence . He merely keeps repeating it as if it were a provable fact, and of that hes dead wrong.
Still, I find this underwater structure interesting. Its really not got its base angles "square" and Id think that, were there numan builders. theyd want to have an orthogonal base at least.
Setanta

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2014 06:23 am
@rosborne979,
I lean toward the photoshop idea.
0 Replies

raprap

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2014 06:27 am
APRIL FOOL--oh wait it's March 1st---Nevermind.

Rap
0 Replies

lmur

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2014 08:05 am
@Setanta,
Or "sighted at a depth of 40m" plus (est) 60m high = 100m "total" depth?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2014 08:21 am
During the Second World War, most German submarines lost were lost in the Bay of Biscay. On a clear day, Allied aircraft could easily see and bomb them. That was at a depth of 200 meters. I find it hard to believe that this object is sitting there in 100 meters of water, and no one has ever seen it before.
farmerman

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2014 08:39 am
@Setanta,
that's a point. There are some seamounts all along the ridge between Charlie Gibbs and Oceanographer fracture zones and the fact that theres several is because the ridge keeps moving westward and they create new volcanism points .

Many seamounts have these pyramidal shapes when looked at with your eyes squinty. Im sure the old minesweep maps of WWII and the Dewey/Bird maps of later years didn't "ignore" these features, they were probably looked at and found to be unremarkable. Maybe this was one that missed close scrutiny.

I like that whenever something is reported for the first time on the "Blog news", it becomes a conspiracy to deny us any information.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2014 08:42 am
If everyone knew the truth about Atlantis, the Rosicrucians, the Freemasons and the Federal Reserve, there would be world-wide rebellion.
timur

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2014 10:19 am
@gungasnake,
This is in the same vein as cities on Mars and other lunacies (pun intended.)

Look who spread the news:

0 Replies

parados

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2014 10:45 am
It looks like the pyramid has it's own web page.

http://www.azores-pyramid.org/

Clearly the picture gunga posted is not of the actual site.

0 Replies

parados

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2014 10:47 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

If everyone knew the truth about Atlantis, the Rosicrucians, the Freemasons and the Federal Reserve, there would be world-wide rebellion.

The only reason we don't know the truth is because the Illuminati is keeping it from us.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2014 10:48 am
Other underwater structures have been found recently off of Cuba and off of Okinawa. Simple Google searches on "underwater city Okinawa" and/or "underwater city Okinawa" turn up as much of those kinds of images as you could want.

http://listverse.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/japan-pyramid-tm.jpg