No gays in NFL.

IRFRANK

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2014 10:47 am
From MSN and NESN

"In a mind-boggling statement, Washington lobbyist Jack Burkman said that he is drafting legislation that would ban gay athletes from playing in the NFL if approved.

“We are losing our decency as a nation,” Burkman said in a statement, according to Rebecca Shabad of thehill.com. “Imagine your son being forced to shower with a gay man. That’s a horrifying prospect for every mom in the country. What in the world has this nation come to?”

His legislation was spurred by the coming out of Michael Sam, who, if drafted, will become the first openly gay man in the NFL."

“If the NFL has no morals and no values, then Congress must find values for it,” Burkman said."

So much for "land of the free" and less government. Next thing you know, we will have black quarterbacks.

One good thing. He is a lobbyist, not a congressman. He just buys their votes.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 8 • Views: 2,181 • Replies: 16

jespah

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2014 10:52 am
@IRFRANK,
I love that Congress is gonna find us morals. I do hope that means we all get 75% raises every few years, and work only 27% or so of the year.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2014 10:52 am
@IRFRANK,
What if you're just a little bit gay?
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2014 11:05 am
@IRFRANK,
Quote:
Imagine your son being forced to shower with a gay man.

They'd better ban PE in the schools too (if budget cuts don't kill it first).
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2014 11:09 am
**** like that cracks me up. Alexander of Macedon and Iulius Caesar were at least bi-sexual. I'd like to see the Congressman go up against either of them. Richard Coeur de Lion (Richard Lionheart) was openly gay, and he loved nothing better than to hack people into little pieces with a two-handed broadsword. Let's see the linebackers do one-on-one with him! Then there was the Theban Sacred Band . . .

http://egregores.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/greeks.jpg

. . . 150 pairs of gay boys sworn to watch each others' backs in battle.

Of course, he probably was motivated by reading his King James Bible--commission by the gay King of England.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2014 11:24 am
I always thought the American football players who put a dab of makeup under their eyes are gay?
I think their lame excuse is that it kills the distracting reflection of the floodlights off their cheekbones.

PS- some cricket players like to dab makeup on their lips, their excuse is that it's sunblock to stop getting sunburnt lips.
Huh, they could easily use a wide-brimmed hat to keep the sun off!
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2014 11:36 am
Maybe while he's drafting his morals bill, he could add a line or two discouraging oversize thugs from knocking women unconscious.
Baldimo

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2014 11:38 am
@IRFRANK,
Was this posted from the Onion.com? It could only come from the Onion.
Setanta

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2014 12:08 pm
Frank says it's from MSN.
farmerman

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2014 12:55 pm
@IRFRANK,
Thiss is the same Jack Burkman who was investigated for stalking several girl on-line during the Little Bush Years.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2014 01:47 pm
@Setanta,
Here's the story on NESN.
http://nesn.com/2014/02/washington-lobbyist-jack-burkman-wants-to-ban-gay-nfl-players/
0 Replies

IRFRANK

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2014 03:56 pm
@Baldimo,
North East Sporting News. I found it on MSN.
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2014 04:00 pm
@Setanta,
Don't forget the Spartans.

Each warrior had a young male 'trainee', who looked after all their needs.
0 Replies

IRFRANK

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2014 04:06 pm
You'd think the guy would be more concerned with congress. Perhaps he was a friend of Larry Craig.
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2014 09:57 pm
@glitterbag,

"You beat a woman and drag her down a flight of stairs, pulling her hair out by the roots? You're the fourth guy taken in the NFL draft. You kill people while driving drunk? That guy's welcome. Players caught in hotel rooms with illegal drugs and prostitutes? We know they're welcome. Players accused of rape and pay the woman to go away? You lie to police, trying to cover up a murder? We're comfortable with that. You love another man? Well, now you've gone too far!" -- Dale Hansen, Dallas sports anchor for ABC local affiliate WFAA
glitterbag

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2014 10:29 pm
@wmwcjr,
This is wonderful, I've sent the video to a group of friends.
wmwcjr

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2014 10:52 pm
@glitterbag,
I thought you might like it. Smile
0 Replies