Is my sentence understandable and grammatical?

imsak

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2014 01:50 am
A friend of mine came visiting me yesterday, for the first time in years. As I know he has lately wallowed in gambling, been short of money. While we were talking, when he made as if to say something to me, I presumed that he might very well be about to borrowed me my money, so I forestalled him by saying "I have been in trouble for sometime. I'm so short of money that I can hardly even pay for the outstanding bill of the rent of my apartment."

Please someone help me with what I wrote above, and point out where the mistakes are, and please mend it to the proper way.

MontereyJack

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2014 02:11 am
A friend of mine visited me yesterday, for the first time in years. I know he has lately been gambling quite a lot and been short of money. While we were talking, he made as if to say something to me, and I presumed that he might very well be about to borrow money from me, so I forestalled him by saying, "I have been in trouble for some time myself. I'm so short of money that I can hardly even pay the rent for my apartment."

imsak

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2014 04:00 am
@MontereyJack,
Thak you. I appreciate your help.
0 Replies

RayRaySparxx

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2014 08:45 am
@imsak,
A friend of mine came to visit me yesterday, for the first time in years. I know he that he is wallowing in gambling debts and has been short of money lately. While we were talking, he made out as if to say something to me and I presumed that he might be about to ask to borrow money from me. I stopped him short by saying, "I've been in trouble for some time, in fact, I'm so short of money I can hardly even pay the rent on my apartment."
Joe Nation

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2014 09:02 am
@RayRaySparxx,
RayRaySparxx wrote:

A friend of mine came to visit me yesterday, for the first time in years. I know he that he is wallowing in gambling debts and has been short of money lately. While we were talking, he made out as if to say something to me and I presumed that he might be about to ask to borrow money from me. I stopped him short by saying, "I've been in trouble for some time, in fact, I'm so short of money I can hardly even pay the rent on my apartment."

RayRay's right, got to have that 'to ask' in there.

Joe( Cool )Nation
0 Replies

imsak

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2014 07:21 pm
Thanks to you all.
0 Replies

trying2learn

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2014 08:05 pm
@imsak,
You asked is your sentence understandable. I would like to add it is more than one sentence and yes if you came to the United States, I would understand what you wrote.
0 Replies