Racism....Right Out In The Open

Lustig Andrei

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2014 02:55 pm
@panzade,
panzade wrote:

Good stuff y'all. Anybody else wanna dish on their username?

Lustig Andrei is just a German translation of Merry Andrew, a nom I sported for many years until the A2k hamsters decided they didn't like it or something like that. Anyway, at some point I found that Merry Andrew could no longer get recognized by those hamsters on this site. Hence . . .
izzythepush

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2014 02:59 pm
@panzade,
I've done that plenty of times. Here's my avatar.
http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2011/12/22/Feature_01_g2f_1229_011crop.jpg
panzade

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2014 03:05 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
I had read that somewhere...but of course since I understand quite a bit of German I had figured it out.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2014 03:06 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
I can't believe we can't get you that name back...I'll always know you as Bi-Bear
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2014 03:07 pm
@tontoiam,
Quote:
Is that referred to as racism.

Not at all...Sometimes, rather than starting a new thread, I'll occupy an old one...saves me a lot of trouble...but I'd love to hear how you came up with your username
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2014 03:09 pm
@izzythepush,
...so what does "the push" refer to?
izzythepush

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2014 03:40 pm
@panzade,
I thought everyone knew by now, but here goes.
Quote:

Nova Express is a 1964 novel by William S. Burroughs. It was written using the cut-up method, developed by Burroughs with Brion Gysin, of enfolding snippets of different texts into the novel. It is the third book in The Nova Trilogy, preceded by The Soft Machine and The Ticket That Exploded. Burroughs considered the trilogy a "sequel" or "mathematical" continuation of Naked Lunch.

Nova Express was nominated for the Nebula Award for Best Novel in 1965.

Nova Express is a social commentary on human and machine control of life. The Nova Mob—Sammy the Butcher, Izzy the Push, The Subliminal Kid, and others—are viruses, "defined as the three-dimensional coordinate point of a controller." "which invade the human body and in the process produce language." These Nova Criminals represent society, culture, and government, and have taken control. Inspector Lee and the rest of the Nova Police are left fighting for the rest of humanity in the power struggle

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nova_Express
panzade

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2014 04:53 pm
@izzythepush,
I got a whole series of WB books for 25 cents each...now I gotta find that one in my library.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2014 04:54 pm
@panzade,
It's my favourite, that and Cities Of The Red Night.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2014 04:57 pm
@izzythepush,
BTW, The Ticket That Exploded, is not an easy read. It's all in cut up, and you need to concentrate really hard. It's the only book I've ever read that required complete silence in order to make any sense.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2014 05:00 pm
@izzythepush,
The problem with reading Burroughs is you miss his wonderful voice.

0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2014 03:42 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

BTW, The Ticket That Exploded, is not an easy read. It's all in cut up, and you need to concentrate really hard. It's the only book I've ever read that required complete silence in order to make any sense.

What? You've never read any James Joyce? If Finnegan's Wake doesn't require total silence, nothing does!
izzythepush

Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2014 04:28 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
I've not read nearly as much James Joyce as I should. The only bit of Finnegan's Wake I've read was an excerpt in The Oxford Anthology Of English Literature. I know he's Irish, but he still made the anthology.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 9 Mar, 2014 05:25 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Quote:
If Finnegan's Wake doesn't require total silence, nothing does!

You read my mind.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 9 Mar, 2014 06:30 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I don't get this yapping.
Many of us like panzade a lot.

You, on the other hand, are problematic, being so often nasty.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2014 06:21 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

I don't get this yapping.
Many of us like panzade a lot.

You, on the other hand, are problematic, being so often nasty.

Oh please.

What is and isn't nasty in this forum is almost always determined by ideology.

And here's something nasty: When I give a sh*t about how problematic I am for you and others, you'll be the first to know.

Actually nasty comments as they relate to you have been by your like-minded confreres suggesting you were in your cups when you've posted, but hey, they weren't problematic.

0 Replies