Wang-House Model WH-2301S Transformer

Reply Sun 23 Feb, 2014 04:10 pm
My replacement transformer has (2) red leads and (2) white leads on the one end but my current transformer has just (2) red leads. Do I have to use the white leads and if so how do they hook up?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 3,434 • Replies: 5
No top replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 23 Feb, 2014 04:36 pm
Call the factory or a reputable electrician, do not play with it without knowing whats what. Seriously.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Sun 23 Feb, 2014 05:05 pm
@Rick resh,
Rick did the xformer not come with instructions
Rick resh

Reply Mon 24 Feb, 2014 11:17 am
@dalehileman,
No the transformer did not come with instructions. I e-mailed the company I ordered it from thru Amazon and also WANG House in Korea. It just goes to a ceiling light. An expensive POS, I mean, Possini light that my girlfriend has. My old transformer with the (2) red leads hook up was one red to black and one red to white of the light. The new transformer just had to have two extra white wires on the same end. The other end which has one black and one white go to the house electricity is the same on both transformers.
dalehileman

Reply Mon 24 Feb, 2014 11:49 am
@Rick resh,
Rick sorry couldn't be of further help. However you might canvass your acquaintances in hope of borrowing a multimeter, perhaps explaining its use. The first thing is to make some resistance measurements so as to identify the various windings

It's a far cry and might take all day if indeed even helpful, but you might try Googling the unit by its part no. and maybe the terms "diagram" or "wiring"
0 Replies

bahtah

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2014 08:12 pm
@Rick resh,
Wang House WH-2301S
I was able to track down instructions for the conversion of the back to the original one as follows:
The new version of the WH-2301S now comes with two sets of output wires (2 115W circuits) for a total of 230W. If you only want two output wires instead of four, you will need to combine the wires. This is done by combining the Red to Red and the White to White. The unit is shipped with these wires taped together with electrical tape.
So this new unit can either be used for two separate circuits at 115W each or can be paralleled together for a single 230W circuit which is what the original (older) unit was rated for.

Here is link to a drawing of what you are asking:
http://www.doityourself.com/forum/electrical-ac-dc/519244-wang-house-model-wh-2301s-230watt-12v-transformer.html
0 Replies