Update! Asks me out after rejecting promposal

mandophon

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 05:49 pm
@chai2,
lol not a troll but I see the point.

I have a mind of my own, I'll make the decisions. I've done all I could, it's up to her. I'm not going to do anything, if she likes me, shes going to damn well step it up and follow up with me!

I took two steps; asking her to prom, then asking her out; i made my intentions clear, what else is there to do right?

mandophon

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2014 02:27 pm
@chai2,
ok umm heres a plot twist. That girl I asked to prom who said no and was in tears? Turns out today, one of my close girl friends, lets call her Jen told me that she had talked to her today and this girl i liked was really stressed.

Jen told me that the girl I liked was stressing out not only because of school but with the fact that two guys asked her to prom. jen told me that she said she liked the second guy (me?) and though he asked her in a really uncomfortable spot, she loved how he promposed to her. Now she doesn't know what to do and is confused as to what to do and if she should even go to prom with the frist guy!

My friend tells me that she said she liked me but now shes confused?

WHAT SHOULD I DO HERE???
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2014 03:27 pm
Ditch her! The last thing you want is an immature jumpy neurotic scatterbrained airhead!
Let some other poor dumb slob saddle himself with her..Smile
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2014 05:35 pm
@mandophon,
mandophon wrote:
WHAT SHOULD I DO HERE???

talk to the young woman you are interested in

resist the temptation to talk about her with other people. If they start talking to you about her (gossip alert) tell them you'll be talking to her yourself and would prefer not to discuss this with anyone else

it's easy to get caught up in the gossip trap but it's really better to talk to the person you're interested in
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2014 05:36 pm
@mandophon,
mandophon wrote:
it's up to her. I'm not going to do anything, if she likes me, shes going to damn well step it up and follow up with me!

if that's your view on this, leave her alone. you're both probably too young for a relationship - even casual dating
mandophon

Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2014 09:17 pm
@ehBeth,
Ya so I planned to ask her to prom again, two people (one a girl friend of mine and another is a male co worker) have both told me that she likes me and doesn't want to go to prom with the guy she's currently going with because she only likes him as a friend.

I'm going to pull her out of class, ask her to prom after telling her how I feel and understanding her situation

I came up with a cool idea actually. Last time I asked with half a dozen roses. This time, I'm going to ask with the number of roses in corrlation to her names numerical value (A =1 B = 2....)

How does that sound everyone?
ossobuco

Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2014 09:22 pm
@mandophon,
Sorry. I'm bored now.

What on earth are you doing, not talking to her or her or maybe her, but posting on a website read around the world about your months away prom?
mandophon

Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2014 09:29 pm
@ossobuco,
cause the months time is when girls are suppose to get their dresses. I can't talk to her till after March Break, she's gone overseas and told me she'd text me when she comes back (over sea charges right?)

ossobuco

Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2014 09:47 pm
@mandophon,
What world are you living in that you think when girls get dresses is somehow important?

Or that a prom is?
mandophon

Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2014 10:14 pm
@ossobuco,
every girl that I've asked about anything regarding prom. They've made it painfully clear that their dress is THE MOST IMPORTANT THING.

lol I don't get female logic, I just accept it and go with it
ehBeth

Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2014 10:19 pm
@mandophon,
mandophon wrote:

like a bad idea
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2014 10:20 pm
@mandophon,
That what you say is true is - I take it as true - but is part cultural and part mass insanity.

Quit worrying about all this.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sun 9 Mar, 2014 03:12 am
Quote:
Mandophon said: I came up with a cool idea actually. Last time I asked with half a dozen roses. This time, I'm going to ask with the number of roses in corrlation to her names numerical value (A =1 B = 2....)

Why not just give her a 'Learning Morse Code' handbook?
Anyway flowers are oldfashioned, and if she's into conservation she'd rather they be left in the ground where they belong, not plucked to begin dying!
mandophon

Reply Sun 9 Mar, 2014 05:05 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Good idea! But I think she likes flowers much more. She almost cried when I showed her it (with joy, not because I killed six flowers) so I'll think i'll buy 15...
ehBeth

Reply Sun 9 Mar, 2014 05:33 pm
@mandophon,
Why the big investment into an event with people you'll probably never see again once you leave high school?
mandophon

Reply Sun 9 Mar, 2014 05:39 pm
@ehBeth,
to be honest, I follow with the mentality that the friends you make in high school are the ones that are actually truly your friends. The friends you make in university are the ones that are probably studying the same field as you can more than likely be the people you will be competing against for jobs.

It may seem stupid to you, and it probably is but you're much older than me and have seen much more of the world than I have. Me? I've only had one psychopath girlfriend before and there's a girl out there who I really like who likes me back. It seems little to you but to me, it's a big deal in my small little world!
Smile
ossobuco

Reply Sun 9 Mar, 2014 05:47 pm
@mandophon,
I'm older than ehBeth, if you can imagine.

I now have no interest in my best friends in high school, except I don't want them to have a lot of pain in their lives. I do have contact with elementary school friends, but only significant for any of us as a kind of continuity.

I still email with friends from my university years - there were good reasons I liked them.

I hope you take classes out of your major, get to know all sorts of people.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 9 Mar, 2014 05:58 pm
@mandophon,
Your world is about to expand exponentially.

Take advantage of the fun you'll have in college/university. Even the friends you make there will be a small component of your life going forward.

It'll be good for you to get away from the high school gossip vortex you seem to be in.
chai2

Reply Sun 9 Mar, 2014 06:00 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

Why the big investment into an event with people you'll probably never see again once you leave high school?

The other day while going through some things I came across my high school year books.

I looked at my senior year, and saw that I had no memory of many of the people, and when I would try to name people I recognized, I couldn't even come up with their names.

High school was just a conduit to me that I had to go through to move on into real life. College was the same way. I remember a few people from college days, but never communicated with any exept one after graduation.

I know that sounds unbelievable to someone in high school, because that is their entire life. Looking back that period was so small and insignificant.
mandophon

Reply Sun 9 Mar, 2014 06:04 pm
@chai2,
it probably is but in my little world, this high school is the top of my life right now. To me, prom's sort of the milestone for me...

believe it or not in grade 9, I was already looking forward to prom...ya...but I didn't actively do anything about it until this month more or less.