Physical Bitcoin

gollum

Sat 15 Feb, 2014 11:25 am
Articles about bitcoins often show an image of a gold colored coin with an image of a "B." What is it?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 8,875 • Replies: 5
Topic Closed
No top replies

Ragman

Sat 15 Feb, 2014 11:59 am
@gollum,
Let me take a wild guess: bitcoin
https://www.google.com/search?q=what+does+a+bitcoin+look+like?&rlz=1T4ADFA_enUS433US433&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=Lqz_UsTVFo7JkAeqg4DgAg&ved=0CCkQsAQ&biw=1477&bih=665
0 Replies

Ragman

Sat 15 Feb, 2014 12:14 pm
@gollum,
Furthermore you asked about Bitcoin last year. Just in case you forgot, here's that question:

http://able2know.org/topic/212485-1
gollum

Sat 15 Feb, 2014 01:10 pm
@Ragman,
Ragman-
Thank you.

As to my present question, I understand that a bitcoin is a digital currency. Not a physical currency. That is why I asked about a picture of a bitcoin, since there is no physical bitcoin that could be pictured.

As to my previous question, I do remember it. I wished to know who the buyer of a bitcoin pays. My question was answered.
oralloy

Sun 16 Feb, 2014 12:03 am
@gollum,
gollum wrote:
I understand that a bitcoin is a digital currency. Not a physical currency. That is why I asked about a picture of a bitcoin, since there is no physical bitcoin that could be pictured.

I'd guess that it is just a logo or symbol for the currency, and does not have any value other than its use as a logo/symbol (unless they made it out of real gold instead of making it out of plastic).
0 Replies

Thegitmon

Sun 14 Jan, 2018 12:28 pm
You can have a physical Bitcoin. Look up bitcoin silver ounce. These are silver ounce coins with a private and public key. It’s a physical bitcoin wallet that you can send btc to. There it can be stored and then spent from, so in a sense it is a physical bitcoin. Other Cryptocurrencies like dogecoin , Ethereum, and Litecoin also have these.
There are also paper wallets. Some are pretty cool looking. You could put ten dollars worth on a paper wallet, though the price of the cryptocurrency could fluctuate. If someone created an Ethereum paper wallet one year ago with a value of $10.00 (or roughly the price of one Ethereum coin one year ago), they would still have the same amount of Ethereum, one, but it would have the buying power of almost $1,400.00 now.
0 Replies