For Danny

mismi

Reply Fri 14 Feb, 2014 07:40 pm
My introduction to A2K was a scary one. I being from a very small world with very little knowledge of what the real world entailed tripped upon the sight when my babies were small and I was home with them.

I learned quickly that what I thought I knew was not necessarily what actually was.....and that there was a wide world full of views - not like mine. At first I was offended. Maybe a little indignant. Then I was hurt. Then I actually started thinking it all through and found that I am a better person for the widening of my little world.

Dutchy was my flirt buddy. My husband traveled a lot and being home with three kids I found someone who made me laugh and challenged me and made me feel beautiful and less lonely. Before long I found he was a solid friend. I learned of his precious wife and children and his life. What a great life it has been.

I never knew that I could love someone as much as I do that lived a world away. But I do. I am blessed. My heart and my head has been full today. And it will continue to be full of the sweet memories given by a precious man.

His strength of character, spirit and amazing fight have given me courage and encouraged me in my own little ups and downs. He was my knight in shining armour and always ready to come to my rescue if he thought someone had gone too far or hurt me. Precious man. I have cried many tears today. But I am sure his strong spirit will live on. Dear Danny was a man of faith like me. And my kindred spirit will always be in my thoughts and in my heart. But oh how I will miss our little talks.

What a great legacy you have left for so many Dearest Danny.

Much love to my Dear Dutchy

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 21 • Views: 3,624 • Replies: 28

roger

Reply Fri 14 Feb, 2014 07:55 pm
@mismi,
A real legend, isn't he?
panzade

Reply Fri 14 Feb, 2014 08:54 pm
I never had much contact with him but I know that he was beloved here.
So long.
leball

Reply Fri 14 Feb, 2014 08:59 pm
@panzade,
Yes, vale Dutchy. You will be missed
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sat 15 Feb, 2014 12:50 am
...and the number of extant Aussies here is decreasing! Sad
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 15 Feb, 2014 05:13 am
@mismi,
A thoroughly decent man, I don't think he had a cross word with anyone.
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Sat 15 Feb, 2014 05:47 am
@mismi,
I echo everything you said, mismi. Dutchy was a fantastic flirt buddy - great fun. I was new to computers when I first found A2K three or four years ago, and only knew of the crossword puzzling threads. For a long time, Dutchy was the main person who answered my queries - whenever I was stuck I would look anxiously for his eagle avatar. Then, at the end of 2012, he directed me across to First Word and Yabber-Liner, then to the word game threads - he opened up a whole new world for me. I'll always be grateful to him.

Here's a photo of his first meeting with Found Soul that he posted on First Word last November - his favourite photograph!

http://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag134/dutchy24/P5230362_zpsd80453b7.jpg

First Word and Yabber-Liner, and all the word game threads will have huge holes in them without his posts - can't imagine A2K without his wisdom and wit!
farmerman

Reply Sat 15 Feb, 2014 06:06 am
@vonny,
He's always the first person I think of when "good manners" and "respect for others " are discussed.

Don't quit on us Dutchy.

0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 15 Feb, 2014 10:26 am
People smile and tell me I'm the lucky one.

We're the lucky ones, for having known you.

Love you, Cosmic Eagle*.

*Noddy came up with that name. We were trying, in Moderator Land, to figure out what to call someone with 100,000 posts. Nobody had a clue. She suggested it, intending it to be ironic. I asked if he was okay with it.

He was.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Sat 15 Feb, 2014 01:41 pm
@mismi,
Uh oh, this doesn't sound good. What's wrong with a Dutchy?
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Sat 15 Feb, 2014 02:39 pm
Any reports of Dutchy’s demise have been greatly exaggerated.
<apologies to Mark Twain>

He may be slipping away, but he has not yet let go.

http://able2know.org/topic/111721-1448#post-5581488
mismi

Reply Sat 15 Feb, 2014 04:31 pm
@Tryagain,
I am so happy to hear he is still fighting and asking for his favorite meal.

I would thoroughly love it if he gets back on here and chews me out good for starting to mourn pre-emptively.

That one post sounded so sure. But there - I underestimated sweet Dutchy's fight and lust for life.

Please forgive me!
mismi

Reply Sat 15 Feb, 2014 04:34 pm
@roger,
Quote:
A real legend, isn't he?

Smile For sure.
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Sun 16 Feb, 2014 03:08 pm
@mismi,
Dear Missme, - to err is human, to forgive, divine; however, l only forgive my enemies; because nothing annoys them so much... and in your case there is nothing to reproach yourself for. As my god says, ‘Live well and prosper’.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Sun 16 Feb, 2014 03:11 pm
@mismi,
Smile I read beautiful words to a beautiful man, that you care about..
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sun 16 Feb, 2014 05:04 pm
I think that Dutchy is the best of the best. I'm glad he's still with us and I hope and pray he'll be here for many years to come.

"Tender is the Night" and so is our beloved Dutchy...Smile

leball

Reply Sun 16 Feb, 2014 09:45 pm
@Miller,
hang in there Dutchy. We are all thinking and praying for you
0 Replies

trying2learn

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2014 01:29 am
@mismi,
mismi
Dutchy helped me so much. Where is he? I miss him.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2014 01:59 pm
Reviving this thread now seems appropriate...Danny will be making his final journey very soon.

http://able2know.org/topic/111721-1460#post-5638866

And, as he drifts into a sleep from which he will not awaken, I hope he will find peace everlasting.

"Good night sweet prince:
And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest!"
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2014 02:30 pm
0 Replies