Guys not wanting to be controlled

Reply Sun 9 Feb, 2014 10:49 pm
Guys,
What does it mean when a male says he doesn't like to be told what to do or controlled? or what does that reveal about his personality?
I'm interested in knowing because naturally I'm a bit dominating with men and I was told this by a guy that is interested in me. is this a red flag? Please, advice.

Thanks!

anonymously99stwin

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2014 02:01 am
@LiveLoughLaugh24,
Quote:
Guys, What does it mean when a male says he doesn't like to be told what to do or controlled? or what does that reveal about his personality?
I'm interested in knowing because naturally I'm a bit dominating with men and I was told this by a guy that is interested in me. is this a red flag? Please, advice. Thanks!

That bitch! - assuming is seriously a man you're referring to. I'm not serious.

I would leave him, find someone better.

I being man speaking man to man, you,.. If a woman said that to me I personally would seriously find someone who is better. But good chance she's immature as hell. Control her ******* mind. You're a ******* man. You can do it. Talk is one thing. Actions are another. Excuse my curse words. Women. Need to grow up. The young ones. And stop acting like dimwits.

I being man. If I were gay I would want my man to dominate me in every way. I would give into him completely. He would crush me. Mentally. I would let him. But he has to be able to break me down make me feel he breaks me down inside. Inside/mentally. He wouldn't be able to control my mind completely until he had ahold of me in this thing called reality. I'm waiting for my batman.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2014 02:07 am
Quote:
LiveLough asked: What does it mean when a male says he doesn't like to be told what to do or controlled?

It means he's boring and has got absolutely no sense of humour and that he wouldn't like to be in this position-

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/dominatrix-slave_zpse1f2be63.jpg~original
anonymously99

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2014 02:27 am
@LiveLoughLaugh24,
Quote:
Guys not wanting to be controlled

Gay men not wanting to be controlled = Them Bitches!

Yeah if I were a gay man, not a straight man I would find myself a modest, proper gay man if there were such men. And fall in love. Hoping he were a deep passionate lover such as myself. Try to resist my dominant man making him want to fight against it taking full control. Or the other way around. However my lover prefers.
0 Replies

Kathy77

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2014 06:47 pm
@LiveLoughLaugh24,
Come on guys she asked why this guy said he didn't want to be controlled or told what to do. It means that he likes to be In charge and he doesn't want a bossy woman. In general no one likes to be controlled. If you really like this guy just let him think he's in control but i say always be yourself so if you like to run the show let him go find a submissive woman.
chai2

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2014 07:19 pm
@Kathy77,
Kathy77 wrote:

It means that he likes to be In charge

No it doesn't. It mean he doesn't want to be controlled and told what to do.

Pretty simple really. I'm a woman, and I feel the same way, but it doesn't mean I want to be in charge of everything.
maxdancona

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2014 07:20 pm
This thread is ridiculous. Does anyone here understand anything about real relationships?

A healthy relationship, at any stage, is based on communication. This guy was communicating something to you. This is a great thing in a relationship. He is telling you something that is important and is expressing himself.

I don't see anything wrong with this one statement. He may have a concern with the relationship... or he may just be telling you something that he thinks is important.

My advice, assuming you want to have the chance for a healthy relationship with him, is that you communicate with him. You shouldn't be asking a bunch of random strangers what he means. You should be asking him. These types of discussions are part of developing a good relationship. So, talk about it with him. Find out what he really thinks about it and tell him what your concerns are.

Kathy77

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2014 09:37 pm
@chai2,
Most men like to feel like they are in charge bottom line. C'mon
anonymously99stwin

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2014 11:19 pm
@Kathy77,
Quote:
Come on guys she asked why this guy said he didn't want to be controlled or told what to do. It means that he likes to be In charge and he doesn't want a bossy woman. In general no one likes to be controlled. If you really like this guy just let him think he's in control but i say always be yourself so if you like to run the show let him go find a submissive woman.

I would be very submissive for you. You have no idea. A complete coward. Your unintentional slave. If not then you'd have to kill me. Sad
That thing called, make me fall in love. But it seems impossible to do.
Yeah. I don't know then.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2014 04:58 am
I once dated a woman who said she liked the strong Sean Connery type, but when I tried to be like him and suggested places and things to do she snapped "Oh shut up, don't tell me what to do!" and we split after 5 weeks.

And when I dated another woman I was the perfect polite easy-going gentleman but we soon split. She told me later that she thought I wasn't "assertive" enough, whatever that means..
anonymously99

Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2014 07:56 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
as·ser·tive [uh-sur-tiv]

—adjective

confidently aggressive or self-assured; positive: aggressive; dogmatic: He is too assertive as a salesman.
having a distinctive or pronounced taste or aroma.

assertive
adjective
aggressive

Synonyms: absolute, assured, certain, confident, decided, decisive, demanding, dogmatic, domineering, emphatic, firm, forceful, forward, insistent, militant, overbearing, positive, pushy, self-assured, self-confident, strong-willed, sure

Antonyms: diffident, quiet, shy, unconfident

assured
adjective
confident

Synonyms: assertive, audacious, bold, brazen, certain, cocksure, collected, complacent, composed, confident, cool, gung ho, gutsy, high, imperturbable, overconfident, poised, positive, puffed up, pumped up, pushy, rosy, sanguine, secure, self-assured, self-confident, self-possessed, sure, unflappable, unhesitating, upbeat

Antonyms: confused, dismayed, distrustful, doubtful, doubting, fearful, hesitant, nervous

authoritative
adjective
domineering

Synonyms: assertive, authoritarian, autocratic, commanding, confident, decisive, dictatorial, doctrinaire, dogmatic, dominating, imperative, imperious, imposing, masterly, officious, peremptory, self-assured

Antonyms: democratic

certain
adjective
confident

Synonyms: assertive, assured, believing, calm, cocksure, convinced, positive, questionless, sanguine, satisfied, secure, self-confident, sure, unconcerned, undisturbed, undoubtful, undoubting, unperturbed, untroubled

Antonyms: doubtful, doubting, hesitant, uncertain, unconfident, unsure

commanding
adjective
superior, authoritative

Synonyms: advantageous, arresting, assertive, autocratic, bossy, compelling, controlling, decisive, dictatorial, dominant, dominating, forceful, imperious, imposing, impressive, in charge, lofty, peremptory, striking

Antonyms: indecisive, inferior, unassertive, uncontrolling

0 Replies

anonymously99

Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2014 08:05 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Quote:
I once dated a woman who said she liked the strong Sean Connery type, but when I tried to be like him and suggested places and things to do she snapped "Oh shut up, don't tell me what to do!" and we split after 5 weeks.

And when I dated another woman I was the perfect polite easy-going gentleman but we soon split. She told me later that she thought I wasn't "assertive" enough, whatever that means..

If you were taller than she was.. she was probably hoping you would be a dominating male figure. Not some sissy man who needs a mommy figure. Haha! Very Happy Too cute.

If a man can't control a woman's mind then he doesn't deserve the woman. Because she's obviously not in love.
jespah

Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2014 08:25 am
@LiveLoughLaugh24,
I think it means he, I dunno, doesn't want to be told what to do.

Other than that, ask!

If you cannot ask someone basic questions, how can you have a relationship with 'em?
Olivier5

Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2014 08:29 am
@LiveLoughLaugh24,
Do YOU like to be controlled?
anonymously99

Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2014 12:26 pm
@jespah,
Quote:
If you cannot ask someone basic questions, how can you have a relationship with 'em?

It is very posssible. I know this woman who believes she is secretly in love. She's doing her best to not let it be known.
0 Replies

Kathy77

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2014 09:51 am
@anonymously99stwin,
I don't want a submissive wimpy man. I don't like a man who doesn't stick up for himself. When you talk about submission it reminds me of s&m. I don't the original post was about sex.
0 Replies

Darlene1974

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2014 03:09 pm
@LiveLoughLaugh24,
It probably means he's bored.

I'm a controlling woman myself as controlling a man is the only way to get complete satisfaction, but I don't control them full-time. That is an obnoxious lifestyle to adopt. I only control them part-time, and this time is during intercourse. The man must not come. No orgasms! That way he is ready again to mount me in 2-3 hours. We both win as he is contolled and I am controlling about 3-5 times every day. Just you try it and see. I have been happier than ever before exacting this type of control over him, but then I think you want to exercise some other type of control over your man. Won't you describe it in detail, and then perhaps you'll persuade your readers that your method is better than mine?
anonymously99

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2014 03:11 pm
@Darlene1974,
In all seriousness. I would tie my man up to the bed and **** him in the ass.
LiveLoughLaugh24

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2014 08:33 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
That's a funny picture lol that pretty much sums up how he would NOT want to be and he made that crystal clear...
0 Replies

LiveLoughLaugh24

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2014 08:36 am
@Kathy77,
Thanks for the advice Kathy. Very well said. Have you ever had to deal with this type of situation??
I like my men to have some kind of control however I can not deal with some one who is TOO alpha. Naturally, I like being a little bossy and a little controlling although I have learned to respect and keep boundaries. I guess my role comes from having a younger brother ...i was always leading or taking charge. I'm still seeing this guy but honestly my gut instinct is telling me we would not be a good fit for each other ....lesson learned.
0 Replies