James Carville, FOX News coorespondent

Lash

Reply Sun 9 Feb, 2014 01:01 am
This is hilarious to me. Is Carville going to FOX because he was fired from CNN and can't get a better offer? (Was he fired?)

Is it an all-out frontal assault with the enemy in their own kitchen?

Is he going to FOX because he's lost his mind? (OK, we all know he's crazy)

I'd love to know the real reason.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/tv/showtracker/la-et-st-james-carville-joins-fox-news-as-contributor-20140206,0,5224240.story#axzz2so0PMTM1
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 10 • Views: 2,632 • Replies: 21
No top replies

roger

Reply Sun 9 Feb, 2014 01:20 am
@Lash,
You never know what people will do when they see enough money. Kind of like trolling through a trailer park with a hundred dollar bill.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 9 Feb, 2014 01:38 am
@Lash,
just look at his wife.

The R/D skirmish is a cosmic joke to this guy.

and yes, I give him points for getting it.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sun 9 Feb, 2014 03:37 am
@Lash,
The main thing you need to understand about Carville is that he's 100% totally amoral and basically has no agenda or set of values or beliefs or anything like that, he's basically a hired gun.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 9 Feb, 2014 04:34 am
@gungasnake,
the agenda is james carville + money.

Hillary is going to try to do a Obama with social media, and Carville does not understand this game, so she is not going to hire him. His days of being a campaign hired gun are over.
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2014 07:31 am
@Lash,
Huh, I might just start watching Fox just to see how it goes. I admit I like the guy, he is funny and does usually do good against the other side.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2014 09:17 am
Well, I am sure it is about money and having his opinions heard. With CNN ratings at or near zero, it is pointless to be an analyst when no one is listening.
At FOX, people will actually hear him.
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2014 09:47 am
@Lash,
The same thing could have been said about the former NPR reporter Juan Williams. At one time, I thought he was reasonable and sane. Then he flipped and turned insane. Go figure.... Surprised
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2014 11:23 am
@woiyo,
woiyo wrote:

Well, I am sure it is about money and having his opinions heard. With CNN ratings at or near zero, it is pointless to be an analyst when no one is listening.
At FOX, people will actually hear him.

at this point working at CNN has about the same shine as working for Newsweek....it is more than nobody caring about your work, it is about nobody around you doing good work too. CNN is a journalism joke now.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2014 09:53 pm
@Lash,
While Carville may appear on CNN, I doubt that the network employed him.

Fox would be smart to hire him -- he would get great ratings. No one is more colorful.

At present, Fox uses two old and boring has-been pollsters to add liberal views. They really have nothing to say.
Advocate

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2014 09:54 pm
@gungasnake,
That is very untrue. He is very consistent, and correct, with his liberal views.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2014 11:03 am
@Advocate,
They use more than just 2 libs. Juan Williams, Bob Beckel, Kristen Powers, Alan Colmes just to name a few. These are the big name Dems they have on all the time. This doesn't count all of the other Dems they have on as a counter point to the GOP voices.
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2014 12:08 pm
@Baldimo,
For someone who spouts only the Fox registered and approved talking points, I find it difficult to consider Juan Williams still can be considered a liberal.
Baldimo

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2014 01:08 pm
@tsarstepan,
Regardless, there are still more Liberals on Foxnews, then there are Conservatives on MSNBC.
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2014 02:01 pm
@Baldimo,
I don't watch MSNBC so I'll have to concede that point to you. (((shrugs)))
Advocate

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2014 02:28 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

They use more than just 2 libs. Juan Williams, Bob Beckel, Kristen Powers, Alan Colmes just to name a few. These are the big name Dems they have on all the time. This doesn't count all of the other Dems they have on as a counter point to the GOP voices.

I am sure that you are correct. I watch only now and then, usually around dinner time, and have only seen the two guys to whom I referred. Sorry!
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2014 03:31 pm
@tsarstepan,
Every Saturday and Sunday morning, I watch MHP (Melissa Harris Perry). She never has anyone on that is conservative and or even slightly right leaning. All libs all the time. Some more extreme then others, but everyone is a lefty.
Advocate

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2014 09:18 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

Every Saturday and Sunday morning, I watch MHP (Melissa Harris Perry). She never has anyone on that is conservative and or even slightly right leaning. All libs all the time. Some more extreme then others, but everyone is a lefty.

I can understand why the network doesn't hire conservatives. It doesn't for the same reason I rarely watch Fox. The people on Fox lie and distort, and really have no valid answers to the country's problems. Why would anyone want to hear from such people.

The only reason I ever watch Fox is because others in my home want to see it now and then.
Lash

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2014 07:23 pm
@Advocate,
Dude. Do you really believe all conservatives lie and all democrats tell the truth?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2014 07:25 pm
@Advocate,
Dude, did you read the article? http://nation.foxnews.com/2014/02/06/fox-news-signs-james-carville-contributor