When do we cease to exist?

neologist

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2014 12:22 pm
@JPLosman0711,
S'OK. I'll hang with Frank.
We have a lot in common, although I don't really know what that is, yet.
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2014 01:13 pm
@Cyracuz,
Cyracuz wrote:

Ah, building religions. Something most of us run the risk of doing as soon as we string two thoughts together. The more abstract the thoughts, the greater the risk of creating a belief system that will influence further thinking. I've done it myself many times, and probably will again. It is a good thing I am aware that I am full of ****, or I might start thinking I'm better than you all... Smile

We are 5 X 5 on that, Cyracuz.

We all seem to tend in that direction (many of us do)...and the Internet forums seem to culture that type. Best we all realize (and acknowledge) being full of **** (as you put it)!

But apparently JP does not realize all that yet...or is trying to sneak past it.

Gotta be here for him!
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2014 01:15 pm
@JPLosman0711,
JPLosman0711 wrote:

You are not worth my time.

Apparently you see me as someone who may be too much for you to handle, JP.

Good. Recognizing, and acknowledging that is a step in the right direction.

We'll talk more...as you continue to dig that hole.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2014 01:18 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Quote:
Romeo said: But you believe there are no beliefs, so there's a belief you have right there.
JPLosman replied: No. I actually know (as do you) there are no such 'things' as 'beliefs', and you certainly can't 'have' them.

What 'beliefs' are you talking about, religious beliefs?
Jesus was solid flesh and blood wasn't he, not a belief?

And this is a guy coming into the forum to lecture people on the intellectual danger of coming from a position of a "preconceived agenda!"

Drunk
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2014 01:19 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

S'OK. I'll hang with Frank.
We have a lot in common, although I don't really know what that is, yet.

Wink
0 Replies

JPLosman0711

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2014 04:51 pm
@Frank Apisa,
You are absolutely beyond ridiculous. It's astounding that you have the audacity to think I'm taking you seriously.

Don't you find it a bit curious how you've 'hi-jacked' this conversation to nothing but personal attacks?
Germlat

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2014 06:31 pm
@JPLosman0711,
No dear...you don't get it. So he's the only one talking to you...the others left due to your irrational behavior....out of boredom.
0 Replies

JPLosman0711

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 12:45 am
It isn't possible for me to explain to you my thinking, you have to be willing to do your own work (thinking) in order to 'hear' what is being said (not just what I have to say). Most people aren't interested in doing that. They'd rather just try to get YOU to agree with somethin they'd already concluded about regarding what you have to say. If that sounds like you feel free to hit the ignore button on me and scroll past all of my posts. I am not interested in 'communicating' (not really communicating) with someone who doesn't have the 'balls' to dig deep within him 'self' and see what's 'there'.

This forum exists and thrives on those who are addicted to proving their existence through explainability. You 'explain away' who are are and then others come by and give you justification for doing so. If that's what you're interested in then just don't even reply to me. There are plenty of people here who are willing to go along with your 'story'.

Leave me out of it.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 02:24 am
@JPLosman0711,
JPLosman0711 wrote:

You are absolutely beyond ridiculous. It's astounding that you have the audacity to think I'm taking you seriously.

Don't you find it a bit curious how you've 'hi-jacked' this conversation to nothing but personal attacks?

You are the one making personal attacks.

I am the one asking for clarification of your thesis...and for an explanation of why you scold others for doing what you do regularly and constantly.

Try to wake up, JP...and stop projecting.

It doesn't work here.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 02:28 am
@JPLosman0711,
JPLosman0711 wrote:

It isn't possible for me to explain to you my thinking, you have to be willing to do your own work (thinking) in order to 'hear' what is being said (not just what I have to say). Most people aren't interested in doing that. They'd rather just try to get YOU to agree with somethin they'd already concluded about regarding what you have to say. If that sounds like you feel free to hit the ignore button on me and scroll past all of my posts. I am not interested in 'communicating' (not really communicating) with someone who doesn't have the 'balls' to dig deep within him 'self' and see what's 'there'.

This forum exists and thrives on those who are addicted to proving their existence through explainability. You 'explain away' who are are and then others come by and give you justification for doing so. If that's what you're interested in then just don't even reply to me. There are plenty of people here who are willing to go along with your 'story'.

Leave me out of it.

Obviously you are trying to serve a cake that is not even fully batter...let alone fully baked, JL.

Once again, I will ask: What is the single most salient point of your thesis...in comprehensible form?

Just give it a try. I know it is difficult, because you want to be recognized as a great thinker having difficulty explaining difficult things to a reluctant and not-especially-intelligent audience.

But give it a shot.

Or don't...and a few of us will indulge you for the laughs of others.
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 08:58 am
@JPLosman0711,
2 questions for you:

1 - Why did you come back when clearly you lost faith on the forum years ago ?

2 - Why on hell would you expect in a philosophy forum people wouldn't present reasons and justification for their thinking ?

If you are not interested in comunicating who the **** are you talking to ?
My advise to you is to go back into the hole where you came from. No sympathy or patience with fellows like you in the XIX century. You are nothing but a mediocre self rigthous bastard doing what most trolls do when willing to call attention over themselves...deja vu !
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 09:10 am
Quote:
JPLosman said: It isn't possible for me to explain to you my thinking,

Well why are you here?
Anyway I wish you'd explain your thinking to us, it certainly can't be worse than any of the crackpot religious cultist thinking that goes on in here!
For example the Jehovah's Witnesses think birthday cakes are evil, you can't get any nuttier than that..Wink
Smileyrius

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 12:41 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
cakes don't always have nuts in them Romeo.
Germlat

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 12:50 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Seriously Romeo? What about all the Pagan traditions incorporated into Christianity? What was that verse about the plank in one's eye?
Smileyrius

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 01:15 pm
@Germlat,
A nice quote actually from Jesus sermon on the mount.
"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?"

My advice to you Romeo would be that of Gamaliel in Acts 5: 38 and 39.
0 Replies

JPLosman0711

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 01:33 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Quote:
Well why are you here?
Anyway I wish you'd explain your thinking to us, it certainly can't be worse than any of the crackpot religious cultist thinking that goes on in here!
For example the Jehovah's Witnesses think birthday cakes are evil, you can't get any nuttier than that..

That's just it.

I don't 'have' any thinking, I AM 'my' thinking! The only thing for me to do (with an interest in being genuine) is to show others that the concepts they hold onto and use to re-present them 'selves' are false and have no fundamental ground to stand on.

Any 'idea' that I would present to you would only lead you further from your true 'self'.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 01:36 pm
@JPLosman0711,
JPLosman0711 wrote:

Quote:
Well why are you here?
For example the Jehovah's Witnesses think birthday cakes are evil, you can't get any nuttier than that..

That's just it.

I don't 'have' any thinking, I AM 'my' thinking! The only thing for me to do (with an interest in being genuine) is to show others that the concepts they hold onto and use to re-present them 'selves' are false and have no fundamental ground to stand on.

Any 'idea' that I would present to you would only lead you further from your true 'self'.

Ahhh...another anointed one. Another messiah leading the unclean out of the muck...

...if only they would adopt his guesses for their own.

You are making guesses about REALITY, JP...and presenting them as truths revealed from on-high.

Bad habit. Tough to break.

JPLosman0711

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 01:53 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Thanks for letting me know that you're blithely incurious about who you really are.
Germlat

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 01:56 pm
@JPLosman0711,
I don't think your opinion matters when it comes down to knowing oneself...if you do....there's something weird going on...
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 01:57 pm
@JPLosman0711,
JPLosman0711 wrote:

Thanks for letting me know that you're blithely incurious about who you really are.

You do not do speaking in tongues all that well, JP...and the messiah is not the one who is supposed to be doing it.

Try actually saying what you intended to say...and I will respond.

And if you think you are going to sell the idea that you can explain REALITY to this community...you are sadly mistaken. You do not get to decide what the REALITY is...and what is "false, with no fundamental ground to stand on" (a mangled thought in its own right!)