Fri 31 Jan, 2014 06:22 pm
One of the more reknowned in a series of triune God theories throughout the history of religion is that of christianity, following the story according to scripture, this is the best understanding I could come up with

So God asked himself to go to earth to save mankind. Then he agreed with himself and volunteered himself to himself to offer himself. Then God impregnated a woman as himself, with himself. God prayed to himself and glorified himself repeatedly. God strengthened himself and talked to himself. Finally God forsook himself and sacrificed himself to prove his loyalty to himself. While dead he resurrected himself so he could exalt himself above himself. Then he sat at his own right hand and waited till he placed his enemies as a footstool Finally with Satan's forces defeated God would turn his kingdom over to himself That all things would become everything to himself.

I never understood it in Sunday school, and remain nonplussed to date, How do you make sense of it?

Romeo Fabulini

Fri 31 Jan, 2014 06:52 pm
"So God asked himself to go to earth to save mankind..."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

STOP RIGHT THERE CHUM!
Jesus wasn't God, no way hozay!
As for the Trinity, that's just an idea cooked up by organised religion and is small potatoes hardly worth discussing..Wink
Smileyrius

Fri 31 Jan, 2014 07:53 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
I agree, however I like to explore the foundations of someones belief, the logic of the trinity was always shaky at best IMO, so Id like to see if we have any A2K residents that could straighten it out.
letthebibleanswerit

Fri 31 Jan, 2014 09:04 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
matt 26:39 john 8:17,18
Romeo Fabulini

Fri 31 Jan, 2014 09:12 pm
@letthebibleanswerit,
Hi, why did you post those verses? I can't see how they're relevant to this threads topic. Can you explain them for us?
0 Replies

neologist

Fri 31 Jan, 2014 09:18 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini, answeing smiley wrote:
"So God asked himself to go to earth to save mankind..."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

STOP RIGHT THERE CHUM!
Jesus wasn't God, no way hozay!
As for the Trinity, that's just an idea cooked up by organised religion and is small potatoes hardly worth discussing..
You know his entire post was facetious, right?
edgarblythe

Fri 31 Jan, 2014 09:23 pm
God can do anything. He can enter into his own ass and come out the other side, if he's of a mind to.
neologist

Fri 31 Jan, 2014 09:28 pm
@edgarblythe,
Wow! have you actually seen this? Any pictures?
edgarblythe

Fri 31 Jan, 2014 09:37 pm
@neologist,
Trust me. He can do anything you can dream up.
neologist

Sat 1 Feb, 2014 12:08 am
@edgarblythe,
But would he?
edgarblythe

Tue 4 Feb, 2014 08:00 pm
@neologist,
He made a snake talk to people. He killed bunches of first born sons to punish somebody else. He wreaked all kinds of destruction on Job's life and family, to make a point. Where's the logic in anything else he/it does?
neologist

Tue 4 Feb, 2014 08:22 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:
He made a snake talk to people.
Nah! The snake was a tool of Satan
edgarblythe wrote:
He killed bunches of first born sons to punish somebody else.
That he did. Considering the circumstances, I understand that. Long answer available.
edgarblythe wrote:
He wreaked all kinds of destruction on Job's life and family, to make a point.
Nah! That was Satan again.
edgarblythe wrote:
Where's the logic in anything else he/it does?
I'll have to resort to that pesky Bible again. The everyday affairs of the world have been in the hands of Satan since the rebellion in Eden. If that were not true, He would not have been able to offer them in Luke 4: 5-8. More pesky citations available for those interested.
edgarblythe

Tue 4 Feb, 2014 08:26 pm
@neologist,
You remind me of the crowd that loves Jesse James enough to overlook some genuine crimes he committed.
neologist

Tue 4 Feb, 2014 09:07 pm
@edgarblythe,
You can blame the god of this world for its woes.

But the god of this world is not our creator. That nominal christian ministers fail to inform their flocks of this fact is not God's fault.
edgarblythe

Tue 4 Feb, 2014 09:37 pm
@neologist,
I recommend that you trash your Bible and forget you ever saw it.
neologist

Tue 4 Feb, 2014 10:52 pm
@edgarblythe,
But what will I use to pester you, ed? Very Happy
Jack of Hearts

Tue 4 Feb, 2014 11:17 pm
@neologist,
The nature of the Blessed Trinity is a mystery - so say the Catholics who, if anybody, would be the experts in such things.
Read the very beginning of the gospel of St. John and, if any, as close to a description of the Trinity, you will find it there.
The Word, the Word was God, and the Word became flesh. From there we're at our own interpretations.
neologist

Tue 4 Feb, 2014 11:24 pm
@Jack of Hearts,
A more accurate translation of John 1:1 reads "the word was with God", making Jesus divine in nature, but less than his father. This makes for easier understanding of answers to questions such as "To whom did Jesus pray?" and "Who did Jesus obey?"
Smileyrius

Wed 5 Feb, 2014 04:34 am
But what would Satan have to gain by tempting god himself in the wilderness?
saab

Wed 5 Feb, 2014 05:11 am
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trinity

Read above and when more questions - you probably will have plenty - find a good theologian who can answer questions. S/he will hopefully come up with some good answers and not just answers which shows lack of knowledge.
Note I said a theologian - and not just some preacher. Some just want to refer to the Bible and not to theology.