• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 1,552 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Butrflynet

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2014 08:10 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
Just talked with my brother who is now living near Raleigh. He says you're supposed to get 2 to 4 inches. Should be enough to make a selfie with a snoiwman. Be sure to post pictures, Bear!
Ragman

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2014 08:26 pm
@Butrflynet,
I heard that some parts near Raleigh, I guess s/e of the city might get 8-12 inches. That's not a good for a place that uses a dust broom to clean up.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2014 08:18 am
It won't last long. It's supposed to be close to 50 by the weekend. Perfect because I don't work until Friday night. Play for a couple of days and still make the budget :0)
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2014 09:30 am
I was living in south-side Virginia in January, 1973 when there was a sudden blizzard--or what Virginians took to be a blizzard. There was 3" of snow overnight. There was a snowplow in Newport News and one in Hampton, and as they were driving, one north and the other south, on US 17, J. Clyde Morris Boulevard, they hooked blades and both of them went into the ditch. GASP ! ! ! No snowplows on the peninsula. There's about a gazillion military bases on the peninsula, so some Virginia would be creeping along the interstate at about 20 mph when some joker from Michigan or New Hampshire would blow by him at 60 or 70 mph. The Virginian would slam on his breaks, spin out and be in the ditch. It was hilarious.

Of course, being south-side Virginia, three days later the temperature was in the 70s and the snow was gone.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 29 Jan, 2014 08:14 am
The usual, enough to send the city into a panic but not enough to really get out and play in
0 Replies