Lines In A Book

Reply Sun 26 Jan, 2014 03:43 am
Looking for something to occupy your mind?

Give me couple lines out of a book you have read, are reading, will read in the future or find a random book anywhere..

I'll start with couple lines out of a book I haven't started yet.

Was running. Heard something. Stopped. Looked around. Frustrated because I stopped. Thinking to myself I shouldn't had stopped. But the sound frightened me. Feeling I was about to cry I immediately began running. Gliding through the cool morning wind. It felt nice. Shorts skin tight. Long sleeve shirt tucked in. Hair pulled up tightened with a hair tie. Not caring what place I took. The marathon was not a race to me. The enjoyment I felt as the sweat poured down my body as I ran.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,780 • Replies: 14

secondusername

Reply Sun 26 Jan, 2014 06:52 pm
@secondusername,
Couple lines out of a high school girl's diary.

Ran eight miles today after school with my cross country team. Furthest I've ever ran. I loved it. I want it again. But. I know it isn't likely because some of my teammates were complaining about the distance.
I'm home now. Feel the same as every day. Thinking about school tomorrow. I don't want to go to school. I can't bring myself to run without someone with me. Hopeless. It follows me everywhere. Hopelessness.
roger

Reply Sun 26 Jan, 2014 07:13 pm
@secondusername,
Where do you get lines from a book you haven't read?
secondusername

Reply Sun 26 Jan, 2014 10:25 pm
@roger,
Rhetorical question? Then no comment.

Quote:
Where do you get lines from a book you haven't read?

My head.
0 Replies

secondusername

Reply Sun 26 Jan, 2014 10:31 pm
@secondusername,
Quote:

Diary entry dated fall 2005. Diary never recovered because there never was one. All in the woman's head.
roger

Reply Sun 26 Jan, 2014 10:41 pm
@secondusername,
So the lines in a book are really all in your head.

Goodbye.
secondusername

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2014 12:56 am
@roger,
Quote:
So the lines in a book are really all in your head. 

Goodbye.

As I think to myself I never said, "Hello".

As I think to myself what an idiot. Would you also believe I'm your neighbour?
secondusername

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2014 10:52 am
@secondusername,
How To Fall Out Of Love
Dr. Debora Phillips with Robert Judd
Someone you know needs this book.

You can't stop thinking about him or her. Everybody tells you to stop: "He's gone." "She doesn't love you." "Get over it." But no matter how hard you try to stop, you can't. 

Until now.

Millions have gotten over a lost love thanks to the book that defined the field. Now renewed and revised with new techniques for a new generation, Dr. Debora Phillips' classic is finally available for heartbroken people who are ready to get on with their lives. 

How to Fall Out of Love is based on behavior therapy, with all its virtues: brevity, action, and a systematic, step-by-step program to reach specific goals. Dr. Phillips delivers a tried and true, amazingly easy-to-follow therapeutic guide to help you:
*stop obsessive thinking about him or her
*take him or her off their pedestal
*overcome jealousy
*rebuild your inner strength and confidence
*handle Internet dating
*get on with a new love and a new life

How to Fall Out of Love demonstrates one of the great strengths of behavior therapy--dealing with large, complex emotional difficulties in manageable component parts. And its clarity, warmth, and understanding make the techniques of behavior therapy accessible and useful. 

With over 30 years of using these methods, Dr. Phillips has seen over and over how her techniques work in only a few weeks, and how her patients free themselves from their love-obsessions.

Rid yourself of that debilitating, dead-end relationship that is ruining your life. Move forward to the love you deserve--because you can't fall in love again... if you haven't fallen out of love first.
secondusername

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2014 01:36 pm
@secondusername,
YOU DON'T HAVE TO STUMBLE WHEN YOU FALL IN LOVE

Quote:
"love at first sight is a physical and emotional impossibility. "

In Head Over Heels, Dr. Dobson, one of the world's most trusted experts on the family, takes on our culture's misconceptions about love and romance and invites you to build a relationship that stands the test of time. You'll take the "What Do You Believe About Love?" quiz and get practical, personal tips for turning romance into the real thing. You can have firm footing and lasting love as you walk into the future hand in hand.

Head Over Heels

How To Fall In Love
and Land On Your Feet

Dr. James Dobson
secondusername

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2014 02:16 pm
@secondusername,
Reasonable Doubt
Philip Friedman

"Riveting... As crisply written and ingeniously plotted a courtroom entertainment as readers are apt to encounter."
Entertainment Weekly

Ex federal prosecutor Michael Ryan has been estranged from his twenty-seven-year-old son Ned for three years when Ned is murdered. His daughter-in-law, wealthy socialite Jennifer Kneeland Ryan, has been indicted for the crime--Ned was bludgeoned to death in the private room of a Soho art gallery. Jennifer insists she's innocent and begs her father-in-law to defend her. Ryan wants to believe she's guilty, to bury his grief for the son he hardly knew and get on with his life, but he can't turn her away. He agrees to take the case. 
Teetering on an emotional precipice himself, Michael Ryan dusts off his rusty legal skills to lead the defense in the most sensational New York murder trial in decades. And as his ambivalence about Jennifer intensifies, as the painful truth about his son's life begins to emerge, Ryan realizes that his own life is also on trial--as a father, as a lawyer, and as a man. 

"Truth and suspenseful... A hard-to-put-down thriller."
The Kirkus Reviews

"Readers will want to clear their dockets for this one."
Booklist
secondusername

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2014 05:25 pm
@secondusername,
Digital Fortress
Dan Brown

"A new master of smart thrills."
--People magazine

When the NSA's invincible code-breaking machine encounters a mysterious code it cannot break, the agency calls its head cryptographer, Susan Fletcher, a brilliant and beautiful mathematician. What she uncovers sends shock waves through the corridors of power. The NSA is being held hostage... not by guns or bombs, but by a code so ingeniously complex that if released it would cripple U.S. intelligence. Caught in an accelerating tempest of secrecy and lies, Susan Fletcher battles to save the agency she believes in. Betrayed on all sides, she finds herself fighting not only for her country but also for her life, and in the end, for the life of the man she loves. 

"Digital Fortress is the best and most realistic techno-thriller to reach the market in years... A chilling thrill a minute."
--The Midwest Book Review

"Exciting... will rivet cyber-minded readers."
--Booklist

"In this fast-paced, plausible tale, Brown blurs the line between good and evil enough to delight patriots and paranoids alike."
--Publishers Weekly
0 Replies

secondusername

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2014 06:31 pm
@secondusername,
Quote:

Ran eight miles today after school with my cross country team. Furthest I've ever ran. I loved it. I want it again. But. I know it isn't likely because some of my teammates were complaining about the distance. I'm home now. Feel the same as every day. Thinking about school tomorrow. I don't want to go to school. I can't bring myself to run without someone with me. Hopeless. It follows me everywhere. Hopelessness.

She and her cross country team ran the eight miles non stop that day, kept their legs moving even at the street lights/signs right into the next town over. Coach D. was an outstanding coach. Beautiful within and out. Doing what she could to stay a fit, healthy mother and wife. Worrying about her income for her family. Good English teacher as well.
Still have the little stuffed bear from her.
secondusername

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2014 04:05 pm
@secondusername,
Till Death Us Do Part
Vincent Bugliosi

Now, the man who put Manson behind bars tells the truth behind his most disturbing case.

Rooted in greed, seething with the fury of unleashed passions, this bizarre story of poolside living, pickups in single bars and sudden violence begins with the Palliko-Stockton double murders. It ends when a sulky-faced playboy and his sultry blonde paramour are finally brought to trial in L.A. The prosecutor is Vincent Bugliosi, co-author of Helter Skelter, the man who put Manson behind bars. There is no smoking pistol, no physical evidence, no living eyewitness to prove the defendant's guilt beyond the shadow of a doubt. It is up to Bugliosi to get the proof that will convict the two murderers.

"Reads like fiction. Tells a true story that is a sizzler."
--Publishers Weekly

"Bugliosi, the quintessential prosecutor, has written a crime book that should be read by every lawyer and judge in America."
--F. Lee Bailey
tontoiam

Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2014 03:39 pm
@secondusername,
Ever seen the movie, Coyote Ugly? 
Remember how he had wanted her to sing for him. But she said she couldn't. So one night he invited her back to his place, had it set up for her to sing. She said only way was,.. she starts un,clothing herself then.. well. After having sex she sings for him. Because she felt comfortable with him. He did what he felt he needed to help her.
Want me to dance for you? I need to feel comfortable with you.
anonymously99

Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2014 05:44 pm
@tontoiam,
I'm here for you.
0 Replies