Favorite SNL Cast Memeber and Sketch?

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 03:02 pm
Will Ferrell and The sketch he did with Garth Brooks, The Devil can't write no love songs. Laughing
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 26,701 • Replies: 113
No top replies

Child of the Light

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 03:05 pm
Another one of my favorites Laughing

http://www.pitt.edu/~mrmst55/header.jpg
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 03:09 pm
Going back aways, Dan Akroyd as Julia Child.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 03:13 pm
Chris Farley's motivational speaker always killed me.

Mr. Robinson's Neighborhood.

Any time Garret Morris (is that his name?) turned up on the fake news. And the fake news when it was done by Dan Akroyd and Jane Curtin, for that matter.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 03:16 pm
All the Dan Akroyd stuff was before my time, so I can't really relate. But I bet it was awesome.
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 03:21 pm
[edit]
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 03:22 pm
Horatio Sanz is by far my favorite current cast member.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 03:36 pm
Ditto on Akroyd and the fabulously funny Julia Child sendup.
0 Replies

Equus

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 03:38 pm
Although there are some funny moments on the current show, I don't think it is as consistently funny now as it used to be.
top five in current memory, I think all from the first few years of the show:

5. Bass-o-Matic (Mmmmm that's great bass!)

4. Coneheads Halloween, when they give the trick-or-treaters fried eggs and six packs of beer

3. (Candygram) Land shark.

2. Jane Curtin's interview with Dan Ackroyd as an unscrupulous Halloween costume/toy manufacturer- "Johnny Human torch" and "bag o' glass"

#1. News for the hard-of-hearing: GENERALISSIMO FRANCISCO FRANCO IS STILL DEAD!
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 03:40 pm
Alec Baldwin doing the mock C-Span Press conference about Prince Charles' supposed gayness had me rolling on the floor.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 03:41 pm
Franken and Davis. Sorta early in SNL history. Franken, of course, is now famous. Tom Davis, I'm not sure about...
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 03:42 pm
Another classic was when Joe Montana guest hosted. He's the annoying roomate who always comes home at the wrong time. He says "Don't mind me, I'll be up in my room masturbating."
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 03:42 pm
The Julia Child satire was just one of those things that made your sides ache. More recently, there's one with, eek, I'm not sure whom (I think Jimmy Fallon was there), but Christopher Walken was the guest host and they're supposed to be Blue Oyster Cult, recording a demo for "Don't Fear the Reaper". And Walken comes in (he's the producer, I suppose) and keeps asking for more and louder cowbell.

There's also - this goes back a bit but not as far as the Julia bit - Demi Moore was the host and I believe the SNL actor was Phil Hartman, he's her husband and he's hearing voices in his head (including Jon Lovitz), but instead of telling him to kill people or set fire to something, they're telling him all sorts of helpful things, and then the voices start arguing about the best way to improve energy conservation, and they all start screaming "Weather Stripping!"

Finally, during the '92 election season, Dana Carvey played both George H. W. Bush and Ross Perot in a debate with Bill Clinton (played by Phil Hartman). It was extraordinary mimicry by both of them - not so much funny but a definite demonstration of the skills of both men.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 03:46 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:
Alec Baldwin doing the mock C-Span Press conference about Prince Charles' supposed gayness had me rolling on the floor.

That one was awesome! So let us say that Prince Charles had a crack in the window seal of his summer home. Would he use caulk to fill his crack? Or something like that. Laughing
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 03:51 pm
jespah wrote:
The Julia Child satire was just one of those things that made your sides ache. More recently, there's one with, eek, I'm not sure whom (I think Jimmy Fallon was there), but Christopher Walken was the guest host and they're supposed to be Blue Oyster Cult, recording a demo for "Don't Fear the Reaper". And Walken comes in (he's the producer, I suppose) and keeps asking for more and louder cowbell.

That is one of my all-time favorites Laughing Will Ferrell was the focal point in that sketch, but Fallon was indeed in it. I gotta fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell Laughing
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 03:56 pm
Yes, that's it!

Now, every time I hear that song, I listen for that dang cowbell.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 04:01 pm
This is one of my favorites:
http://www.angelfire.com/celeb/edfury/churchlady/churchlady02.jpg

And this is my absolute favorite:

http://cache.eonline.com/News/Photos/m/myers.dieter.081299.jpg

The sketch I love the most is Dieter's Dream.
He's at the movies, watching some kind of intelectual film. He apparenttly acts on it and it's delirious. Actually he fell asleep in the theater, and we were watching his dream.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 04:02 pm
I can play that song on guitar and anytime I play it for people I have a standard joke, "Ahh forget it, it doesn't work without the cowbell.''. The problem is that the joke doesn't work unless they've seen that sketch.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 04:33 pm
Dang, how could I've forgotten Dieter?!?!
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 04:36 pm
Child of the Light wrote:
That one was awesome! So let us say that Prince Charles had a crack in the window seal of his summer home. Would he use caulk to fill his crack? Or something like that. Laughing
So if a delivery man came with a package, and he went to the back door, is it safe to say; he would be well received? Laughing
0 Replies