Lab Tests

gollum

Reply Mon 20 Jan, 2014 12:41 pm
I see my doctor for an office visit on the premises of a hospital. The doctor wants me to have my lab tests (e.g., blood) at that location. Might there be a medical advantage to having the tests done there? Other motive?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,149 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 20 Jan, 2014 01:02 pm
If you're paying him, maybe he's made some kind of deal with the hospital for their cut.
Or maybe doctors don't have the proper facilities for testing blood.
For example I had blood tests a few years ago. In the doctor's office his nurse drew off a syringe of blood from the vein in the crook of my arm and sent it off to the local hospital for analysis.(the blood, not the arm)
0 Replies

Hatrock

Reply Sun 26 Sep, 2021 10:07 am
Caution to all Medicare recipients: Medicare continues to purport that it covers Fecal Occult Blood Tests "once every 12 months if you are 50 or older. You pay nothing for the test if your doctor or other qualified health care provider accepts the assignment". In practice, however, Medicare denies payment for this procedure stating that it is "routine" testing. My provider ordered the test for me as part of her process to diagnose my chronic anemia. Medicare initially denied payment so I appealed it and provided them with their own language (page 35 of their printed manual) which says the procedure is covered. Medicare denied payment again. You would be well advised to discuss this fact with your provider if they intend to order a fecal occult blood test for you.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 26 Sep, 2021 10:56 am
Since that doesn't have **** (pun intended) to do with this 7 year old topic, I await the spam.
0 Replies