I'm confused on this subject??

Reply Fri 17 Jan, 2014 04:08 pm
So okay, I'm so confused on this subject. My friend asked me about this, and I don't really know how to respond to her question. She said her and her boyfriend had unprotected sex on January 11 and January 12 of 2014. She didn't know until afterwards that those days were also her high fertility days, and the 13, was her ovulation day. She said that he didn't ejaculate in her, but they are scared about the Precum. She asked me if I knew if she could get pregnant by Precum, and I always thought yes, because it also contains sperm, but I've been reading lately that Precum doesn't have sperm in it? So basically what I'm asking is, does Precum have sperm in it? And could she be pregnant? Thank you!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,146 • Replies: 4

jespah

Reply Fri 17 Jan, 2014 04:29 pm
@kristenlynn1994,
I, too, have read recently that precum doesn't have sperm in it. However, if there is leftover sperm from a previous ejaculation, then there is sperm there.
http://goaskalice.columbia.edu/pregnant-pre-cum

Bottom line -
  1. Withdrawal is a lousy method of birth control
  2. It is possible that she's pregnant, particularly considering that it was on a high fertility day
  3. She can take a home pregnancy test, after following the directions and waiting however long after suspect intercourse the instructions say to. Amazon has 'em for under $6.
  4. Using a condom would have pulled the chance down to 21% for typical usage and 2% for perfect usage, not to mention reduced the chances of passing STDs http://goaskalice.columbia.edu/explanation-condom-failure-rates

So, is it possible? Yes. Is it likely. Maybe. Can she take a test that will tell her definitively? Yes. Can the two of them treat this as a learning experience and improve their chances of not accidentally conceiving? Yes.
kristenlynn1994

Reply Fri 17 Jan, 2014 04:35 pm
@jespah,
Thank you!!
0 Replies

Jack of Hearts

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2014 05:23 pm
@kristenlynn1994,
Yes, and yes.
0 Replies

Bwana

Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2014 08:53 am
@kristenlynn1994,
Yes, there is sperm in a pre-ejaculate. She could be pregnant, she could not. My question to you is, how could she be so ignorant NOT to know when she's fertile? Having unprotected sex is stupid, thoughtless, careless, and idiotic. The population of this planet is high enough without having an unwanted child. If she IS pregnant, tell her to go to a Planned Parenthood facility and get an abortion. It is NOT a sin, or a crime, or a shameful thing. It is HER body to do with as she pleases. Having an unwanted child, especially if she is young, WILL ruin her life. I know. I've seen it happen many, many times. Sad
0 Replies