Reply Fri 17 Jan, 2014 12:16 pm
Somehow voting down causes the message "Topic voted down (view)" to appear in one's listing. The more often one votes down the more such a message appears until presumably it fills the entire page. So how does one get rid of 'em

Thanks guys

rosborne979

Reply Fri 17 Jan, 2014 01:36 pm
@dalehileman,
I don't know any way to get rid of them. Sometimes my whole "New Topics" page is full of them with nothing else (depending on how many SPAM entries I've had to thumb down).
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 17 Jan, 2014 02:36 pm
@dalehileman,
Change your preferences to view all topics and posts regardless of the number of down votes. To do so, go to the My Account link at the center bottom of every page, and then click the My Preferences tab. Under the Topic Preferences subheading, make your selections by pulling down on the tabs next to the preferences that you wish to change. Click the Update Preferences button to save changes when you are finished.

Alternatively, you can click on each collapsed post and give it a thumbs up so it displays in your list. This works for when you want to display a specific post and not all collapsed posts.
dalehileman

Reply Fri 17 Jan, 2014 03:35 pm
@Butrflynet,
Quote:
Change your preferences to view all topics and posts regardless of the number of down votes.
Thanks But for that posting. However the purpose of thumbing down in the first place was to push the posting title onto a later page

Quote:
...next to the preferences that you wish to change
Okay if I decide to try it anyhow, then which preference would you suppose I should consider changing

Thanks once again But….
Region Philbis

Reply Fri 17 Jan, 2014 03:47 pm
@dalehileman,
Quote:
the purpose of thumbing down in the first place was to push the posting title onto a later page
it doesn't work that way, lem...
dalehileman

Reply Fri 17 Jan, 2014 04:02 pm
@Region Philbis,
Quote:
the purpose of thumbing down in the first place was to push the posting title onto a later page
Quote:
it doesn't work that way, lem...
Okay guys, thanks anyhow. I'll try various "preferences" and see what happens

Suppose I should first try one of the "Collapses". Anyone, what's it mean to collapse

Again thanks from Ros and me

Edited to remark, golly, they're already "yes," all three of 'em
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Fri 17 Jan, 2014 04:50 pm
@Butrflynet,
I don't think that's what he wants Butrfly. I think he wants the "Topic voted down (view)" message to simply not be there any more. And if that's what he means, then I'm pretty sure it can't be done.
Butrflynet

Reply Fri 17 Jan, 2014 05:08 pm
@rosborne979,
Correct, it can't be made invisible.
roger

Reply Fri 17 Jan, 2014 05:14 pm
@Butrflynet,
I wish it could, but late at night I can still scroll past them quicker than seeing the whole mass of titles and tags.
dalehileman

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2014 01:27 pm
@roger,
But fellas now I've got your ear, I'm sure you must often use Google and wondering if anyone besides me bewails the lack of spelling suggestions

http://able2know.org/topic/231204-1
jcboy

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2014 01:51 pm
@dalehileman,
dalehileman wrote:

But fellas now I've got your ear, I'm sure you must often use Google and wondering if anyone besides me bewails the lack of spelling suggestions

http://able2know.org/topic/231204-1

I think it needs revisited Razz
0 Replies