Rainsoft gold aqc50ct question

jjlanc

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2014 06:30 pm
Over the last month or so I've noticed that my water after a regen is way too salty and I have to run the tap for a few minutes and then it's back to normal again. I live alone so no one is running the water during regen.
I have checked the black line running to the brine tank for air leaks. Have removed and cleaned the brine valve and float assembly. Removed and cleaned the small injector. Checked and cleaned the drain line and the fitting that it is connected to. All of these things are ok so I watched what it is doing during a regen :
1:11 it starts by draining for a few seconds then starts filling the brine tank from a low level of a couple of inches of water to about the 1 -1/4 salt bag mark.
21:20 on this twenty min cycle nothing seems to happen.
2:99 nothing happens I assume it is creating brine for the 99 min.
3:10 For these ten min it is draining to the floor drain.
4:17 during this time the brine tank is emptying and takes about 15 min to do so. Also it is draining to the floor drain the full 17 min.
5:4 It drains to the floor drain these 4 min and then it is done.

Can anyone tell me if these cycle times and what it is doing seems normal?

The water pressure to the softener is 20 to 40 psi depending on when the well pump comes on to fill the tank.

Any help is appreciated thanks
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,042 • Replies: 3
No top replies

jjlanc

Reply Mon 20 Jan, 2014 08:29 pm
@jjlanc,
Can someone tell me the capacity of this softener? The tank size is 8x43 with .5 cubic feet of x100 resin?
I need to soften 2000 grains of hardness per day.
Thanks
jjlanc

Reply Sun 23 Feb, 2014 01:38 am
@jjlanc,
Well I found out that the fourth cycle of the regeneration was way to short and had to increase it to 50 minutes. It must have changed from an extended power outage here.
And I found out that the capacity of my tank with .50 cu ft of x100 resin is 10,900 grains.
0 Replies

r s tech

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2014 11:28 pm
@jjlanc,
What u r seeing is cycle number 1 for 11 minutes then cycle 2 for 120 minutes then cycle 3 for 10 minutes and so on...the last cycle is number 5 which is fast rinse to clear out any remaining salt. U can increase the number of minutes in the fifth cycle by holding the raindrop button then pressing the up key and u will see the minutes increase. U may want to try this sometimes it needs to.be increased depending on water pressure and the condition of the injector. If that doesn't help it could be 5 or 10 different things and I would call a rainsoft dealership.
0 Replies