To call God Love is to insult Love. God does not love us.

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2014 08:20 pm
To call God Love is to insult Love. God does not love us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrZHPOeOxQQ

Love to be a true love must be shown somehow and God is not doing anything to show his except to promise to send most of us to hell or death.

God cannot love us if he ignores us and unless ready to accept the lie of a creator God, --- then all will see that God does nothing for mankind and in fact does us harm if his powers are as spoken of in scriptures.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_-nHw0_Fos&feature=player_embedded

St. James says that faith must be shown by works and deeds to be true faith. I say that those same conditions apply to love. Love must be shown by works and deeds to be true love. Love must be expressed this way from both parties as reciprocity is a high moral tenet.

In loving God or God loving us, both God and humans must do works, deeds and actions for and to each other. God does nothing and thus cannot love us.

Do you agree?

Regards
DL

Jack of Hearts

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2014 09:01 pm
@Greatest I am,
God made Creation - and that's doing quite a lot.
He gave us life - a love as big as any parent could give.
That life can be an eternal bliss, if you follow St. James' words.

YOU can create your idea of love with having conditions - God's love is unconditional.
It seems, like many, you blame God for all the misery and injustices in our lives.
But you forget, He's not the only one influencing our world.

Lustig Andrei

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2014 05:49 pm
God=

Source
Of
Uconditional
Love
Setanta

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2014 05:54 pm
Wooo ! ! !

Is this a "drink the koolaid" party? ! ? ! ?
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2014 05:58 pm
Assuming there is a god - Who can presume to know if he loves humans or cares about them. Or if he even is aware of humans. What if they are side products of a plan the god is implementing and he is totally ignorant they exist.
chai2

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2014 06:30 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Wooo ! ! !

Is this a "drink the koolaid" party? ! ? ! ?

OH Yeah!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2014 07:45 pm
Welcome to Jonestown ! ! !
tenderfoot

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2014 07:57 pm
@Setanta,
Yeah! that was a outstanding bit of the their (latest) Gods work.
0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Fri 17 Jan, 2014 11:32 am
@Jack of Hearts,
Jack of Hearts wrote:

YOU can create your idea of love with having conditions - God's love is unconditional.
It seems, like many, you blame God for all the misery and injustices in our lives.

Quite true. Yet that God gave Satan dominion over us and the ability to deceive the whole world ands then set a bunch of other conditions for us to get to heaven including going against the natures that he created us with.

And you say his love is unconditional. Tsk tsk. You have no idea what love is it seems.

And I will wager you are not a Universalist.

If no conditions are put that break God's love, we all get to heaven. Right?

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Reply Fri 17 Jan, 2014 11:33 am
@Lustig Andrei,
Lustig Andrei wrote:

God=

Source
Of
Uconditional
Love

Read my last post please.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Fri 17 Jan, 2014 11:34 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Assuming there is a god - Who can presume to know if he loves humans or cares about them. Or if he even is aware of humans. What if they are side products of a plan the god is implementing and he is totally ignorant they exist.

Then he is not as described in myths and we can ignore his sorry ass.

Regards
DL
Setanta

Reply Fri 17 Jan, 2014 11:42 am
@Greatest I am,
Greatest I am wrote:
Then he is not as described in myths and we can ignore his sorry ass.

I usually don't vote on posts, unless it's a joke. I voted this post up, though, and it's no joke. I particularly like the succinct way this is stated.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 17 Jan, 2014 11:58 am
@Setanta,
I concur.
0 Replies

Jack of Hearts

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2014 04:51 pm
@Greatest I am,
Greatest I am wrote:
Jack of Hearts wrote:

Quite true. Yet that God gave Satan dominion over us and the ability to deceive the whole world ands then set a bunch of other conditions for us to get to heaven including going against the natures that he created us with.
And you say his love is unconditional. Tsk tsk. You have no idea what love is it seems.
And I will wager you are not a Universalist.
If no conditions are put that break God's love, we all get to heaven. Right?
Regards
DL
That Satan has "dominion" over us is over-stating the case. In the extreme, he may take possession of our bodies, but our souls can only be surrendered by us alone. (My God view is that of a Roman Catholic.) I'm a parent, and I do know of unconditional love; I also know of justice. I know that the just must be protected from the unjust, and one can reject another's love.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2014 04:57 pm
@Greatest I am,
Satan, in the Christian mythology, has no power over us whatever except for the power to tempt. Satan gains power only if we succumb to the temptation. The purpose of religion (okay, one of its purposes) is to enable us to resist the temptation
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2014 04:57 pm
@Greatest I am,
Satan, in the Christian mythology, has no power over us whatever except for the power to tempt. Satan gains power only if we succumb to the temptation. The purpose of religion (okay, one of its purposes) is to enable us to resist the temptation
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2014 04:59 pm
I'm with Jack.

If creating us is all God ever did or ever does for us, that's good enough.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2014 06:52 pm
Jesus said -
"For I have not spoken on my own authority; but the Father who sent me gave me a command, what I should say and what I should speak" (John 12:49)

Then went on to say-
"Love one another, feed the hungry, house the homeless, clothe the destitute, tend the sick, visit the prisoners, look after the poor" (Mark 12:30, John 13:34, Matt 25: 37-40)

So those are God's actual words spoken through Jesus's mouth and he therefore sounds alright to me..Smile
Joe Nation

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2014 09:07 pm
God, as described by people who love Him. appears to be no more loving than your average alcoholic father, going into murderous rages over perceived insults to His Being, then later going all mushy and cuddly and cherishing the breath of every living thing........right....until the next time He decides to send a fricking tsunami to kill 90% of those living things in a single hour.

Worshipers have the same problem the adolescent children of drunks have always had: If this be Love, then what shall we fear?

Joe(the' ain't no sucha thang)Nation
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2014 04:50 pm
@Joe Nation,
Of course you are describing but one depiction of God and the one segment of people who believe it to be accurate.
0 Replies