chai2

Reply Sun 12 Jan, 2014 04:34 pm
http://news.yahoo.com/aussie-legs-bared-annual-no-pants-commute-083626908.html

http://l1.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/saS8Zt5bJlLRgpqZnPP.iA--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Zmk9ZmlsbDtoPTY0MztweW9mZj0wO3E9NzU7dz05Mjc-/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/Reuters/2014-01-12T183027Z_1932557_GM1EA1D06VN01_RTRMADP_3_UKRAINE.JPG

"If questioned, tell folks "you forgot to wear your pants" Laughing

Sydney (AFP) - Trains and trams in cities around the world were awash with bare legs and briefs on Sunday as pranksters travelled trouserless for the 13th annual "No Pants Subway Ride".

Commuters in Sydney, Beijing and Hong Kong braved public transport without trousers in the stunt, which has gone global since its first staging by US group Improv Everywhere in New York in 2002.

Twelve years ago only seven people took part in the inaugural event but now thousands in major capital cities around the globe participate in what organisers call a "celebration of silliness".

The premise is simple: participants convene on a given transport route on a designated day every year without trousers on, and ride the rails (or road) for shock value and laughs.

Underpants must be worn and, although flashy designs are allowed, organisers prefer those involved to look -- at least from the waist-up -- as though they are going about their daily lives, to increase the impact on bystanders.

Uniforms and business suits are encouraged to amplify the lower-half effect as are props -- bicycles, prams, shopping bags or a briefcase.

Participants are also forbidden from speaking to one another and are instructed to bring "any activity you might normally perform on the train: newspaper, book, sewing kit."

"If questioned, you do not know any of the other pant-less riders. Tell folks that you 'forgot to wear pants'," organisers told participants ahead of the Sydney ride.

"Insist that it is a coincidence that others also forgot their trousers. Be nice, friendly and remain calm."

In Sydney, a small but dedicated group dropped their trousers on the city circle loop train, packed with bemused weekend sightseers on a busy summer's day, then switched routes for a return trip to Bondi.

There was a no trousers tram ride in southern Melbourne and Adelaide and people also went pants-less for a train trip in northern Brisbane.

On a busy Hong Kong subway train around 40 people, including Australian Bess Hepworth and her 18-month-old son, joined in the fun.

"It's the first time he will be publicly taking off his pants, although he does it regularly already," the 37-year-old said.

In Beijing a handful of trouserless people took to the Chinese capital's fast-growing subway, drawing confused glances from onlookers.

"I want to show that (Chinese people) are internationalised now," said 22-year-old Huang Li, wearing blue underwear decorated with dots. "People say I'm a psycho," she added.

Improv Everywhere expects some 4,000 participants in this year's New York event, with more than 60 other cities taking part including Paris and London.

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 12 Jan, 2014 04:43 pm
@chai2,
http://improveverywhere-com.zippykid.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/166262_1705005818411_1035980574_31842895_5412341_n-1.jpg

hipsters trying to be edgy bore me. I dont care much for all the naked bike riding days either. But naked political protest is fine, at least they have a point to make.
chai2

Reply Sun 12 Jan, 2014 04:48 pm
Well, if it bores you, why are you bothering to comment?

So we can all know it bores you?

I'll be sure to update my data base on this.
chai2

Reply Sun 12 Jan, 2014 04:50 pm
@chai2,
I know this has been posted before, but I always thought this was funny....

0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sun 12 Jan, 2014 04:55 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

But naked political protest is fine, at least they have a point to make.

I think it's fine too, as long as it's not you doing the naked protesting, nobody has time for that.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 12 Jan, 2014 04:55 pm
@chai2,
Quote:
Well, if it bores you, why are you bothering to comment?

because I tend to comment on the human condition. We moderns are increasingly empty and bored, and these efforts to add spice are getting increasingly desperate. Where is this going and why are we here? Important questions both, which is why I care.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 12 Jan, 2014 04:56 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
http://improveverywhere-com.zippykid.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/166262_1705005818411_1035980574_31842895_5412341_n-1.jpg

hipsters trying to be edgy bore me. I dont care much for all the naked bike riding days either. But naked political protest is fine, at least they have a point to make.
In the picture, it looks like thay r joggers; not new.
Candor moves me to join
in Chai 's observation.

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 12 Jan, 2014 05:02 pm
@jcboy,
hawkeye10 wrote:
But naked political protest is fine, at least they have a point to make.
jcboy wrote:
I think it's fine too, as long as it's not you doing the naked protesting, nobody has time for that.
I have a friend named Morley, who has done it quite a few times
in support of his pacifism.

David
jcboy

Reply Sun 12 Jan, 2014 05:07 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

David

The Puerto Rican's pants come off the minute he walks through the door.
chai2

Reply Sun 12 Jan, 2014 05:13 pm
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:

Another update needed. Very Happy
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 12 Jan, 2014 05:13 pm
@jcboy,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

David

jcboy wrote:
Yea; what we do indoors is our private business, right ?

David
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sun 12 Jan, 2014 05:16 pm
@chai2,
You know, I would totally throw him a surprise party, but have everyone waiting in the room beyond where he takes off his pantalones.

Even better, invite over those evangelical neighbors, saying that you're interested in hearing more about Jesus.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 12 Jan, 2014 05:27 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

You know, I would totally throw him a surprise party,
but have everyone waiting in the room beyond where he takes off his pantalones.
but, u know, logically:
what DIFFERENCE does it make??
I remember in a different century, when I was defending personal injury litigation,
a young woman was a little emotional about showing me a scar high
on her leg concerning the alleged injury. I wanted that information
to assess its severity so as to know my client's exposure qua damages.

I reasoned with her, that (being on her leg)
that scar was in an area that 'd be exposed to vu
if she were on a beach in summer, so what 's the big deal
??
Her legs were not sexual organs. She did show me the scar
and we did settle her case for a decent amount.

David
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » I'm not wearing any pants
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/18/2024 at 08:26:03