LSD - wonder drug.

Sat 11 Jan, 2014 06:10 pm
Who has been responsible for taking away the wonder drug, LSD, from the people?

Here are the culprits:

1) Street-wise.
Despite its pretensions this social class is heavily influenced by medicine and the media and has misunderstood and bad-mouthed LSD for decades by its simplistic profiling of LSD - good trip/bad trip, fun/no fun.

2) Academia.
Ivory-tower academia is currently investigating another psychedelic - psilocybin (in the UK), for healing effects. Influenced by the pharmaceutical principles of their big business sponsors, researchers today wilfully ignore the research completed decades ago, and approaches made by past practitioners who stress the inapplicability of the drug/dose regimen for LSD/psychedelic use. As an academic elite, they also turn away experienced laymen. In its place they employ simplistic mind/body reductionism and physiognomic measurement tailored to meet their sponsor's requirements.

3) Medicine.
The medical model runs a program of pathologisation against natural human reactions. They are in part directed by the corporate-influenced DSM looking to profitable medication. Extreme reactions, often observed during LSD sessions, are immediately censured as illness (e.g. as the "schizophrenic" reaction).

4) Religion
The old Judeo-Christian tradition provides the West with its ethical standards of acceptable human behaviour and experience. It also provides the West with the social yardstick that we call "mental illness". Most of these experiences can occur during LSD sessions, and sometimes include experiences that can challenge religious belief and atheism.

5) The Law and the Judiciary
Punitive drug laws have always been the tool of choice in targeting minorities and immigrants: these are presented as the representatives of poor hygiene, laziness, dangerous practices and the moral corrupter's of middle-class youth.

contrex

Sat 11 Jan, 2014 06:21 pm
I used to do a lot of that stuff, firstly around 1970 to 1974 and again (!) around 1992 to 1995 and -- take it from me -- it is NOT essential to anybody's mental or spiritual development.

Have you been caning it? Your recent posting history kind of suggests that you have, or does it come naturally?

JohnJonesCardiff

Sat 11 Jan, 2014 06:29 pm
@contrex,
contrex wrote:

I used to do a lot of that stuff, firstly around 1970 to 1974 and again (!) around 1992 to 1995 and -- take it from me -- it is NOT essential to anybody's mental or spiritual development.

Have you been caning it? Your recent posting history kind of suggests that you have, or does it come naturally?

I woof woof woof
0 Replies

chai2

Sat 11 Jan, 2014 06:35 pm
Timothy Leary pretty much fucked it up for legitimate medical uses.

Too bad, because it had it's niche, and great potential.
0 Replies

raprap

Sat 11 Jan, 2014 07:09 pm
And a lotta fun--"Bowling, driving Around, waiting for the occasional acid flashback."

Rap
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Sat 11 Jan, 2014 07:15 pm
@JohnJonesCardiff,
The war on drugs is now widely regarded as a failure. We light get LSD back, it is certainly back for scientific research.
0 Replies

fresco

Sun 12 Jan, 2014 02:40 am
@JohnJonesCardiff,
Ah ! Now we know where the word salad comes from ! Laughing

Try meditation instead . It's cheaper (and legal) and gives better results.
0 Replies

kiuku

Sun 6 Jul, 2014 08:26 pm
@JohnJonesCardiff,
anything that made people lazy and or unwilling to work had to go.

Drug crack down is so suspicious. I'm "against drugs" (I like being sober but I'm unwilling to judge people that use drugs) but at the same time I'm curious why people would altogether ban them as a government, when it seems that freedom and experimentation are important to people.

I hate government crackdown on drugs, because it's ridiculous, the sentence lengths when there's real crime going on.

What happened to the 60's; obviously, it was the drugs. The government experimented with it then banned it. sort of funny.

Obviously somebody drugged me because...I recognize the laziness. Obviously I am not unfamiliar to them. Somehow. But, you can be better for it. It's basically right, to be this way.

Perhaps that is why. That's what I think. The government runs by people's willingness to work the dumbest jobs. There is absolutely a willingness to work in the human organism that dies by use of LSD.

Peace.
SpawnOfGod

Wed 16 Jul, 2014 06:12 am
@kiuku,
Shrooms is far better for your brain than acid.
0 Replies