We are at the centre of the universe - official.

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sun 12 Jan, 2014 03:23 am
I see no hotshot has commented on my earlier post (maybe they can't) so i'll repeat it-
No matter which direction scientists and cosmologists look out into deep space, they see that everything is expanding AWAY from earth, so that makes the earth the centre of the universe doesn't it?
rosborne979

Reply Sun 12 Jan, 2014 04:55 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
No matter which direction scientists and cosmologists look out into deep space, they see that everything is expanding AWAY from earth, so that makes the earth the centre of the universe doesn't it?

No, absolutely not. Space itself is expanding, so no matter where you look from it will always appear to be moving away equally in every direction.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Sun 12 Jan, 2014 05:00 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
The easiest analogy is the Raisin Bread analogy in which each raisin in a gigantic blob of baking bread sees all other raisins moving away as the bread bakes and rises/expands. This is what is meant by "expansion" in cosmology.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 12 Jan, 2014 05:55 am
@fresco,
Quote:
Some of us have been here a long time and we have seen it all before.

In fact, we've seen it all before (at least the attempt to raise the straw man to an art form) from this joker himself.

John Jones (clickity-click!) joined the site in July, 2005. He left again in early October, 2005, saying that we'd better not steal "his" ideas or ". . . it's your arse." You played with him in that persona at the time.

In October, 2006, Rockpie (clickity-click!) joined the site. This is a little harder to follow, but the MO was the same, as well as the reliance on straw man fallacies, particularly the type which are not a re-statement of what one's interlocutor has said, but simply assertions about what one's interlocutor believes or has said, for which there is no evidence. Rockpie was religious and Welsh and bragged about "defeating" everyone at his university in debate, just as this joker did when he showed up here.

JohnJonesCardiff offers the same feeble attempts at rhetoric, the same callow pomposity, and the same assumption that he is somehow a debating master, and he is just "playing with" the people here.

Yeah, you've seen it all before, and from the same joker, years and years ago.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Sun 12 Jan, 2014 09:30 am
Why is the sky blue? It is blue because I want it to be blue. It is all because of me.
0 Replies